Three new arrivals!

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
I started in 2013 with a g rosea a year later picked up b smithi then a few more after that my Gbb!! Picked up 6 slings this week so fair to say my collections growing my slings include b emilia choco golden knee , pumpkin patch ,Brazilian white knee and lastly holothlie inci gold and normal form can't wait for them to grow pic will be on my page as they grow will have update videos on there growth via you tube

Jeff23

Arachnolord
All three are beauties, but that Grammostola sp. "Maule" is the one catching my eye. I guess I have somehow missed noticing this species anywhere before. Is it a common one?

So you are now guilty for giving me the need of a another T on my wish list.:wacky:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Oh yeah, that's a pretty Avic :p There's over 10 types of Avics that look just like that hah. You have to be kidding ;)

It is NOT however A. minatrix, that much I know.
I keep terrestrials. The fascination with avics alludes me. I thought that the very distinct coloration would make it an easy ID :shifty:

All three are beauties, but that Grammostola sp. "Maule" is the one catching my eye. I guess I have somehow missed noticing this species anywhere before. Is it a common one?

So you are now guilty for giving me the need of a another T on my wish list.:wacky:
Pictures don't do it justice, either. I can't say I was super excited about that one, but she quickly grew on me. Amazing disposition as well. I wouldn't say it's rare, but not common either. Look for either G. sp. "Maule" or "Concepcion", they look darn near identical. In fact, if you buy one, there's a decent chance you'll be getting the other instead!

After reviewing that thread I linked before, I'm pretty certain this is Maule.

boina

Lady of the mites
So, what's the difference between a Nicaraguan Albo and one from Honduras?

Btw., very pretty! (I've a Maule, too, mine is a little more active. You are going to enjoy yours!)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
So, what's the difference between a Nicaraguan Albo and one from Honduras?

Btw., very pretty! (I've a Maule, too, mine is a little more active. You are going to enjoy yours!)
It's not so much that, it's more about Hobby B. albo and Nicaraguan B. albo. I believe that the "Honduras" is what people mean by Hobby, but... no, it's a hobby form. Inbreeding and cross breeding saw to that. The Nicaraguan's have a black body with blonde setae. The Hobby's have brown bodies with blonde setae.

boina

Lady of the mites
It's not so much that, it's more about Hobby B. albo and Nicaraguan B. albo. I believe that the "Honduras" is what people mean by Hobby, but... no, it's a hobby form. Inbreeding and cross breeding saw to that. The Nicaraguan's have a black body with blonde setae. The Hobby's have brown bodies with blonde setae.
Thank you! And those black bodies are VERY attractive. Hmmmmmm... wishlist....

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Great additions mate and I'm sure boris is glad they went to a good home
Yes I am . I hated to sell them but life happens and you gotta do what you gotta do . They were my two favorites . The Albo is very feisty and the Grammy spends all day rearranging her enclosure .

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
The Albo is very feisty and the Grammy spends all day rearranging her enclosure.
I guess I need to give that Maule a ping pong ball! And here I thought that the albo was a sweetheart. She was the definition of docile, but apparently she was just in shock from the shipping.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I guess I need to give that Maule a ping pong ball! And here I thought that the albo was a sweetheart. She was the definition of docile, but apparently she was just in shock from the shipping.
'i have NO idea where i am, but when I do, i'll kick your ass' :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I keep terrestrials. The fascination with avics alludes me. I thought that the very distinct coloration would make it an easy ID :shifty:

Pictures don't do it justice, either. I can't say I was super excited about that one, but she quickly grew on me. Amazing disposition as well. I wouldn't say it's rare, but not common either. Look for either G. sp. "Maule" or "Concepcion", they look darn near identical. In fact, if you buy one, there's a decent chance you'll be getting the other instead!

After reviewing that thread I linked before, I'm pretty certain this is Maule.

That pattern is the most common, followed by the Avic slings that are gray and black, like A. purpurea. There's actually a 3rd grouping of sling colors if I recall. You'd have to dig into the archives here to find it.

I know you're a land lover. I'm giving you crap hah. That Maule is nice!

nburgmei

Arachnopeon
You can count me in the list of people that got beat out for these two lovely ladies.