1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Threads showing up as unread..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by conipto, Nov 17, 2005.

1. conipto

conipto ArachnoPrincess Old Timer

Advertisement
    Hey,

All my threads keep showing up as new when I log in, even when I read em days or even weeks ago (for example bite reports)

Bill

2. Aviculariinae

Aviculariinae Arachnoangel Old Timer

Hi,

I am having the same problem,though i like the new skins :)

3. AfterTheAsylum

AfterTheAsylum Arachnodemon Old Timer

Make that 3 with the same problem.

4. David_F

David_F Arachnoprince Old Timer

Same here. Awesome new skins though. :D

5. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    When you are done reading for the day, click on the "mark forums read" which can be found underneath the forum listing on the main page. This new version of vB has "Persistant Marking". What this means is that it will only mark a thread read if you go into the thread, or I think 30 days have passed without a new post in a thread. Once you mark the forums read, you should only see the new posts showing for new posts. It's actually a much better system this way as if you can only read some threads, then only those will be marked read, even if you log out. When you log back in, those that you have not read will still be marked as unread and you can go back to them.

Please let me know if marking the forums read fixes your problems.

6. conipto

conipto ArachnoPrincess Old Timer

Ohh, that's cool. Now I can put it back as my home page and not have it mark all my threads when I open up explorer and go right to another site..

Bill

7. Raqua

Raqua Arachnobaron Old Timer

I am not sure if I got it right. I have to go to forum listing, let's say watering hole and then click to thread tools/mark all read ?? Or is there any way how to make all forums read ?

Because I don't like the idea of having to go into every forum section to mark it read ... That makes the new posts function not very useful ...
    It would be great if there was at least function that would make the all AB threads set read .... I'm not sure that I wrote this the way that someone actually would understand it ... :)

8. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    on the main index page: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/index.php under the book and magazine reviews forum, there is a link to mark all forums read. Click on that and it will mark all threads on the forum read. Then when you come back, only newly posted in threads will be lit up.

Thanks

9. Raqua

Raqua Arachnobaron Old Timer

Ok, thanks, that is what I was looking for, I must have missed that ...