Thread deleted

Phases

Arachnoknight
A thread of mine was deleted "Sexing pics need to be posted in the appropriate gallery."

I get that, and use the gallery as often as I can - but in that case I was wanting detailed discussion and had multiple pictures to post. They needed to be grouped together, not flooding that gallery and thus the homepage thumbnails..

There should be some leeway in that regard, rather than just straight deleting the thread. Just imho..

Thanks,

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I agree with you on the leeway but in the end its their forum, their rules. I had an full post get deleted the other day because I quoted someone that had a link in their post that was against the rules. I thought that was kind of dumb but its no big deal. I’m guessing the new mods were hired on to police the place strictly and they are doing their job the way they are supposed to.

In the meantime I’d say go ahead and clog up the gallery. If it gets to be a problem maybe they’ll add another section or change the rules. Otherwise this is your only option.

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
I find a few of the forum rules a bit silly myself, but as MetalMan said it’s their forum and they can police as they see fit. Obviously the huge knowledge base of the forum outweighs the rules that are annoying, so best just to accept it and move on.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
The thread in question was nothing but a sexing thread, I'm sorry to say. You had a lot to say in that thread, but it all boiled down to "what sex are my tarantulas?". This can be backed up with the fact that the responses were all to the point - male, female, or what have you.

Phases

Arachnoknight
The thread in question was nothing but a sexing thread, I'm sorry to say. You had a lot to say in that thread, but it all boiled down to "what sex are my tarantulas?". This can be backed up with the fact that the responses were all to the point - male, female, or what have you.
Well, it WAS "am i seeing what I think I'm seeing" which was male accessory organs which I have zero experience with. No one answered the ACTUAL question, and can't now, because the thread is gone.

But, sure.... I feel you. I have run androidforums.com for about 10 years how. I'm familiar with the whole "its our forum and we run it x way because of y reasons". :) No worries.

cold blood

Staff member
Well, it WAS "am i seeing what I think I'm seeing" which was male accessory organs which I have zero experience with. No one answered the ACTUAL question, and can't now, because the thread is gone.

But, sure.... I feel you. I have run androidforums.com for about 10 years how. I'm familiar with the whole "its our forum and we run it x way because of y reasons". :) No worries.
You can ask the same questions and get the same opinions in the gallery though.

The rule is in place because sexing pics and inquiries are very common, and they would clog the threads...like they did prior. The gallery doesn't in any way prohibit discussions, it just keeps them consolidated.

Phases

Arachnoknight
You can ask the same questions and get the same opinions in the gallery though.

The rule is in place because sexing pics and inquiries are very common, and they would clog the threads...like they did prior. The gallery doesn't in any way prohibit discussions, it just keeps them consolidated.
..except when you need to group several pics together :) I wish the gallery allowed for that - multiple pics per upload/post. That would be epic!

Perhaps a sexing subforum would be good, IF my case becomes more common.

No worries though. I was just providing a little feedback is all :)

Congrats @cold blood on making mod! (right?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
..except when you need to group several pics together :) I wish the gallery allowed for that - multiple pics per upload/post. That would be epic!
A multiple image option would be nice, but for now, the best way to handle that situation is post a comment on your first image with thumbnail links to the additional images.

How to embed images in forum posts or comments (I recommend using the thumbnail option in comments):
  1. Open the image (in Arachnoboards) that you want to embed.
  2. Copy the code in "Share BB (With Thumbnail) Code" or "Share BB GALLERY Code." (Both of these options allow the user to click the image for a link to the source.)
  3. Paste the code where you want the image to be in your forum post.

"Share BB IMG (With Thumbnail) Code" results in a small preview with a link to the original:

"Share BB GALLERY Code" results in a large preview with a link to the original:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
BugGuide has a really cool feature where you can link all images of the same individual, and they display as thumbnails below each image of the individual. I'm not sure if our software would allow an upgrade like that, but it would be nice if it did.

cold blood

Staff member
Agree, once they are in your gallery, you can easily put any of those pics in the comment section below the main picture, thereby consolidating all to one area for a discussion on the group.