Problem Thread automatically goes to last page

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
When ever I click on new threads with multiple pages, (that I have not yet read) it takes me to the last page, so everytime I have to go to the front page by hitting "page one" manually. Kind of backwards since you have to start on the first page. Is this just the settings or is there a way around it?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
When ever I click on new threads with multiple pages, (that I have not yet read) it takes me to the last page, so everytime I have to go to the front page by hitting "page one" manually.
Well, I don't want to sound like a jerk but, ah ah, isn't too much of an effort to click on '1', uh :lock: :kiss:

Kind of backwards since you have to start on the first page. Is this just the settings or is there a way around it?
To me what you described happens when I click, from this site main page, to the last comment (of a thread) posted. But when I 'enter' in the sections (Tarantula Chat - Q & D) 'menu', if I click on the main thread title, not.

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
Well, I don't want to sound like a jerk but, ah ah, isn't too much of an effort to click on '1', uh :lock: :kiss:
I was gonna hit disagree, but eh.. no need to be a jerk here either. ;)

No, it's just kind of time consuming when you are going through and reading several threads. Not too much time absorbed, but It just makes sense that any thread should automatically go to the first page if that "user" hasn't read it. I've used forums a long time, and they all automatically go to the first page of you haven't viewed it. :hurting:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
When ever I click on new threads with multiple pages, (that I have not yet read) it takes me to the last page, so everytime I have to go to the front page by hitting "page one" manually. Kind of backwards since you have to start on the first page. Is this just the settings or is there a way around it?
Which browser are you using?

I am using Chrome, and it takes me to the first unread post whether I clink the link or the dot next to the link.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
If you're clicking on it from recent posts, it takes you to the most recent post of the thread rather than the start of the thread. That may be part of the problem, maybe not

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Mr. D deliberately set up the forums to go to the first unread post which is usually the last page. It is much more convenient than the old forum that forced you to always start at page 1.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Mr. D deliberately set up the forums to go to the first unread post which is usually the last page. It is much more convenient than the old forum that forced you to always start at page 1.
Right, but if you have never read the thread (or marked it read), the first unread post should be post #1.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Right, but if you have never read the thread (or marked it read), the first unread post should be post #1.
Right. It's intuitive. Like grabbing a newspaper or book and it opens to where you were last. Easy to get spoiled by tweaks like this Board has. Then when you go to some lame barely functional board.......:mad::rage:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Right. It's intuitive. Like grabbing a newspaper or book and it opens to where you were last.
The OP is saying that even if he has never read the thread before, it's taking him to the last post instead of the first post when there are 2+ pages of replies.