this was sold to me as a g pulchra but i think its not the case it may be wild caught

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
probably wild caught from argentina or something
Why do you say that?

But yeah, that's not a G. pulchra at all. Hopefully you didn't pay a G. pulchra price, because that looks like a Lasiodora sp.

RHYRIX

Arachnopeon
Why do you say that?
I heard about the guy that sold it too me selling wild caught t's with the wrong id and some of the species he sells are from there

Yeah that doesn't look like a G.pulchra, most likely some Lasiodora sp.
i say it may be lasiodora pantherina, eupalestrus weijenberghi, vittalius sp. or acanthoscurrias sp.
i honestly have no idea, im quite a noob cause its my first and only T(it looked like a pulchra when i got it, those pictures are from a fresh moult)

Last edited by a moderator:

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah, not pulchra. But I’m thinking not Lasiodora either. Don’t know what it is...

RHYRIX

Arachnopeon
Yeah, that might be right.

Look at the spinerettes, they should be light tan color. The underside of the whole body should also be tan.
nope, black spinerettes and underside!

Got some better pictures for you guys to help me figure this one out, they are from a week ago, i recently remade te enclosure because that one was a bit too complicated.
the spider has a legspan of about 9 to 10 cm.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Got some better pictures for you guys to help me figure this one out, they are from a week ago, i recently remade te enclosure because that one was a bit too complicated.
the spider has a legspan of about 9 to 10 cm.
Lasiodora something or other.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
looks like a Lasiodora spp. But TBH if it a Lasiodora spp. it's going to be near impossible to identify what species it is, as almost all of them look alike.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with Lasiodora sp. The abdominal shape and the marking on the metatarsus are completely wrong. This to me is Vittalius sp, or Eupalaestrus sp.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Is there a purple sheen on the T or is that just the lighting/picture making it look purple-ish?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'd love to point out that in your enclosure (judging by the pics posted, especially the ones of post #9) there's an helluva of stones and that's quite risky, no matter the origin (WC Vs CB) nor the species of your spider :writer:

You don't want to risk a (hypothetical) climb and fall upon those.

Besides, let's be honest, would be pointless to debate the exact species of a severe injured/dead spider, so I hope that you removed those stones, since you said that you did another set up :pompous:

RHYRIX

Arachnopeon
I'd love to point out that in your enclosure (judging by the pics posted, especially the ones of post #9) there's an helluva of stones and that's quite risky, no matter the origin (WC Vs CB) nor the species of your spider :writer:

You don't want to risk a (hypothetical) climb and fall upon those.

Besides, let's be honest, would be pointless to debate the exact species of a severe injured/dead spider, so I hope that you removed those stones, since you said that you did another set up :pompous:
dont worry i have removed them, as i said im a noob, sorry

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Might be a good idea to ask your vendor where it was collected from, would really help narrow down the options.

RHYRIX

Arachnopeon
Might be a good idea to ask your vendor where it was collected from, would really help narrow down the options.
i asked him yesterday and i managed to make him admit its wc origin, apparently caught near a city called oberá in agentina

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with Lasiodora sp. The abdominal shape and the marking on the metatarsus are completely wrong. This to me is Vittalius sp, or Eupalaestrus sp.
I agree, looks like a Eupalestrus to me.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Check out Eupalestrus weijenberghi. That seems to fit along with the region of origin as well.