this is just sickening

Stagger-Lee

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i just gave these... people a piece of my mind
http://claw2claw.com

i dont care if they use foam stinger covers its still sick! i did a little searching and found this info on the person runnign the site, if any of you dealers out there get any orders from this guy please consider what he plans on doing with the animals he is trying to purchase from you
Paschall, Joel joel.paschall@gmail.com
2032 Black Canyon Rd.
Ramona, California 92065
United States
(760) 520-0523

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree, its all over youtube. Doesn't surprise me it made it to an offical site.

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
These are basically sad, strange, insecure people that make themselves feel big by watching two animals go at each other when I'm sure in the wild they would rather escape. Get a life:mad:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"Spaniard! Spaniard! SPANIARD! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU WERE HERE?" -Gladiator, 2000

Aww come on guys, sure theyre a living creature, but cannabalism amongst species and across species is super common in the wild. Sure it's not something I personally agree with or find entertaining, but let's keep things in perspective here. There's A LOT worse stuff these fellows could be up to. It's human's vouyeristic nature to watch stuff like this, and there will always be a demand for it, SOME people will always be drawn to stuff like this and dog fighting... good luck changing that!

edit: to clarify, yeah it would be good not to sell this guy stuff.

s1akr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I agree with tabor, not much chance in stopping it. At least it's not a fight to the death. I'm personally neutral about it, just don't come close to my little bugs. :embarrassed:

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
3. All fighters wear a small foam stinger glove during the match to prevent stings.
4. If a stinger glove falls off during the match, the clock stops while the glove is refitted.

Well, better than I first thought when I saw the site. Still not very nice. Although, I remember catching spiders when I was a teenager and pitting them against each other in a vial called "The Colloseum" and taking stats and so forth. Good thing one grows older and wiser :eek:

Da1Dezzy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its daft any way i mean a death stalker would use its sting as main attack would it not mhere as an emp would like er luv them fights

ps. no i don't agree with it but i did do the spider thing when i was a babby wiv mates lol i had a wolf spider from out the hedge lol t'was a champ that

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's just like fighting dogs, only legal.

While I do think it would be interesting to watch, I believe it's a little inhumane. In the wild these inverts would avoid eachother, not to mention that they come from completely different parts of the world! It's not natural and it isn't really fair.

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's the 'entertainment' bit that riles me. That and the tought of loads of people rushing out to buy arachnids just to pit them together after watching something like this. An over-reaction maybe, but my guys are pets, not a sport. I don't take any pleasure from watching my pets eating live food and would be just as happy if they where all veggie. Sorry if sounds like I'm on my high horse, this is just my nature and I appreciate that everyone is different, it would be a boring world otherwise.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
It's just like fighting dogs, only legal.
That may be a bit of a stretch. Do you consider swatting a mosquito and sledgehammering a cat to be the same?

That being said, I'm not a fan of the scorpion fighting concept. I just think it needs to be kept in perspective.

Cheers,
Dave

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you consider swatting a mosquito and sledgehammering a cat to be the same?
The first I wouldn't do for entertainment of others, the second is just plain sick. This pretty much is like fighting dogs.

Granted, the fact that rounds are fairly short and the stingers are covered is better than it could be . . . but I have to agree about the comment of not selling this guy anything.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
how is this very different from me pitching hissers to watch them get demolished?

i'll grant it is a bit of a waste of breeding stock.. but they aren't using rare or endangered species and it seems like the scorpions aren't really even particularily damaged

further... though awesome animals there is no indication that scorpions feel or have higher emotions... so they can't really suffer.

i would not do something like this... but i can GUARANTEE all the bitching and flames these dudes (lol, odds are it's dudes) get just fuels them

come to my hood and see/hear a dogfight if you want to get upset about something.

edit:
not to make anyone mad... but i would like to point out that two ppl have avatar pics of predation in action.... it is just part of having awesome weapons of nature as pets. some ppl are more into it than others. i would be forced to call most ppl liars if they say that they just happen to have a bunch of preds but the killing and feeding does nothign for them =P

Last edited:

MissConnie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im not going to look. Ive seen on youtube before someone putting together a tarantula and a scorpion. I was disgusted how they both wanted nothing to do with it and both tried to hide but the "owner" kept bashing the tank to make the tarantula fall on the side and then pushed them together etc etc.

All I know is some people have TOO much time on their hands to spend money and then make their "pets" fight for sport.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have to agree with some of the others when it comes to this. I don't agree with it, but at the same time I don't think we can do anything about it.

As Cacoseraph said, it's an invert, how is it any different from tossing in a large cockroach, watching, and then chuckling when you hear the "crack" from the exoskeleton being broken. At least these guys are highly unlikely to kill each other, unlike a completely one sided match of a hisser and a emp.

Also, the higher emotions thing. Inverts don't really know pain the same way we do, emotional or physical. A cricket would never release a very valuable back leg to escape, and wouldn't eat it's own children if they did. They are genetically programmed to survive without any concern for anything or anyone else. They have no emotions, and have little concept of pain(unless someone can prove me otherwise, I don't think they know "pain"). Also, along the same line, don't bother trying to anthropomorphise an invert, they are too primitive to be related to human emotions or physical reactions.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree, I don't support it.
Now, at the no emotion subject.

I can agree with that. It's much like a dog, they have no words or thought to compare or "think" about the emotion they are feeling as we do. Dogs aren't like "Man, I'm hungry." it's all a subconscious decision their brain is making and a bark or some sort of baby like requests is used to show you they require food.

Now, pain. I agree that they feel pain just not near the level that we do. It all goes back to instinct and the subconscious doing its thing.

I have much more I could say but that requires the middle man and I don't like too much effort ;)

This all sounded better before I wrote it if your confused that's fine.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When I feed my bugs something big and crunchy, the excitement is more from watching them eat in a manner that I consider much more unique than my own "shove a cheeseburger down my gullet" method than it is from watching a cockroach get killed.

Y'know, the whole 'seeing Discovery channel-type things without a TV in the way' thing.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Come on, scorpions are killed all the time as nuisances.