This is awful...I was so mad!

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
What I never understood is people kill snakes or spiders and then put rat traps out and spray the room with bug killer. It's stupid, the snakes and spiders do that service for free. And people think that killing an animal is justified because "I don't like them". Some people just make my blood boil

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hey @Chris LXXIX , do you have room for one more in your torture basement? I think this lady's ex would fit well in there :mad:
Sure, sweety :)

I was having fun with a 'Erasmus Programme' redhead and a couple of Jehova Witness that clicked on the wrong bell, lately, listening to a heavy metal OST of once: Blaze Bayley singing 'Look for the Truth'.

I love when he say: "Deepest cut of all from you - Knife of the truth - Blade of hatred slicing through" while I have a hot Picana in hands like not even an Argentina Junta Militar enthusiast.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
What I never understood is people kill snakes or spiders and then put rat traps out and spray the room with bug killer. It's stupid, the snakes and spiders do that service for free. And people think that killing an animal is justified because "I don't like them". Some people just make my blood boil
They like the lazy and dumbed down approach. You put out the bug killer spray and then don't worry about it for a year. Unfortunately a rude awakening from Mother Nature one day will awaken them when enough bugs with DNA that has resistance to the pesticides have multiplied into large numbers.

It is hard to build up resistance to a spider.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
You only have rats and mice in your house if you have provided food for them. Without food they leave and so do the snakes. Animals all follow the food. get rid of the food and they all leave.

It is hard to build up resistance to a spider.
Animals develop ways to protect themselves from predators all the time. About as fast as the do resistances to bug sprays. :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I don't go out of my will to kill anything but there are times when some animals don't get a free pass. When snakes got in the chicken coop they didn't get kindly put back out. They went on to the big snake farm in the sky. A black widow in a place where the kids will be or I need to work. I don't move it somewhere else. A spider web up the steps on the back porch? It gets poked down with a stick and good luck if it makes it.

I personally find both the "kill it with fire" and the "OMG its a living thing and I must help it regardless" extremes a bit... well extreme.

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
[/QUOTE]Animals develop ways to protect themselves from predators all the time. About as fast as the do resistances to bug sprays. :)[/QUOTE]
Well the pests might develop a resistance to the bug spray but the natural predators evolve to match and beat their prey's defences

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
I don't go out of my will to kill anything but there are times when some animals don't get a free pass. When snakes got in the chicken coop they didn't get kindly put back out. They went on to the big snake farm in the sky. A black widow in a place where the kids will be or I need to work. I don't move it somewhere else. A spider web up the steps on the back porch? It gets poked down with a stick and good luck if it makes it.

I personally find both the "kill it with fire" and the "OMG its a living thing and I must help it regardless" extremes a bit... well extreme.
I agree with that. But the guy who put down his ex girlfriend's dog just to get back at her and the lady who flushed a live tarantula down the toilet because she was sick of it despite it being well looked after was just sad

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Animals develop ways to protect themselves from predators all the time. About as fast as the do resistances to bug sprays. :)[/QUOTE]
Well the pests might develop a resistance to the bug spray but the natural predators evolve to match and beat their prey's defences[/QUOTE]
And humans can mix even stronger bug sprays. I really doubt spiders are the answer to ridding your home of flies or crop of pests. Sure they can help but there is a reason we spray for bugs.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I agree with that. But the guy who put down his ex girlfriend's dog just to get back at her and the lady who flushed a live tarantula down the toilet because she was sick of it despite it being well looked after was just sad
I hear you there. I don't really care much for that either.

However, someone telling me they don't like spiders and they would kill mine with fire is meh. Saying that is right on par with people on here saying "If they said that to me..." "I'd bust their lip" or "I'd set them on fire" or something similar. Both are kind of extreme and a bit silly. So is the whole.. I would save animal X regardless of the situation because all animals deserve to live. I like animals but I am pragmatic in my approach to them.

I gave up on everyone liking the same thing as me a long time ago and I don't have time to worry about what other people say (or think) about the pets I choose to keep.

Magenta

Arachnosquire
For some reason this reminds me of something I did when I was a kid. I was maybe 6 or 7 and I found an ant hill on the sidewalk in front of my house, and for whatever reason, I decided to stomp on the ants. After a few minuets, I felt really bad about what I did. I apologized to the ants and left them a piece of fried chicken.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
For some reason this reminds me of something I did when I was a kid. I was maybe 6 or 7 and I found an ant hill on the sidewalk in front of my house, and for whatever reason, I decided to stomp on the ants. After a few minuets, I felt really bad about what I did. I apologized to the ants and left them a piece of fried chicken.
Fried chicken??!!! Do you want them all to die of heart disease? j/k :)

I used to leave food for the big red ants (not crappy fire ants) in the edge of the yard. They were impressive.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Sure, sweety :)

I was having fun with a 'Erasmus Programme' redhead and a couple of Jehova Witness that clicked on the wrong bell, lately, listening to a heavy metal OST of once: Blaze Bayley singing 'Look for the Truth'.

I love when he say: "Deepest cut of all from you - Knife of the truth - Blade of hatred slicing through" while I have a hot Picana in hands like not even an Argentina Junta Militar enthusiast.
:eek:
Sometimes i think you were born in the wrong time. Medieval times much more suit your character, i think. Except for the music, of course :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
:eek:
Sometimes i think you were born in the wrong time. Medieval times much more suit your character, i think. Except for the music, of course :)
I am 'of Medieval' for the music as well :)

^ I upload this theme when I'm into my inquisition moments :kiss: