This is a First - Impromptu Rehousing

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have been keeping my adult Cyriocosmus in Dollarama knockoff small Kritter Keeper type enclosures because they allow for deeper substrate. I have had my C.elegans in one for a couple of years now and never had a problem. My C.bicolor has been in the same for a year and I have never seen her out of her burrow that entire time.
She wasn't up in the lid when I topped up her water on Wednesday. I check on them every day, but I often can't get a good look at her in her burrow. She has been up there for only a couple of days maximum.
When I found her just now, I moved her into a small KIS enclosure that I had made up for someone else. I am debating whether to move my C.elegans as well. The nylon stocking was put around the lid, not only because the slats seemed to me to be big enough for them to get through, but they are definitely big enough for crickets to escape.
DSC01132-2.jpg
DSC01150-2.jpg
DSC01155-2.jpg

Major017

Arachnopeon
Really nice pictures.

I've never kept my Ts in any Kritter Keepers because most of mine are smaller slings, and I get my adults display enclosures. But I can definitely see them being a really convenient and cheap option for a large collection. The ventilation is good too, and they are easy to modify depending on your needs.