This idea of live streaming

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I love to watch hours and hours of kitten live streaming, puppy live streaming. And yes there are kitten, puppy live streamings out there for real.

At one point, I was keep searching for tarantula live streamings from YouTube, Twitch, Facebook and so on, and couldn’t find a single straming. So I thought of myself, why don’t I stream one then?

What do you guys think of hours and hours of pet tarantula aka pet rock live streaming?

It does not involve any talking, handling, but maybe a feeding or two, and nothing more.

It’s for my own benefit as well. Since streaming will be recorded, I can check what was going on with tarantula whenever I want to, since I can’t sit in front of the enclosure 24/7

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I'd watch feedings. From a interesting keeper with a good sized collection.

Watching them stand still? You mean exactly like my room?

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Ts are really good at doing a whole lot of nothing. I can imagine a stream getting boring quick.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +

Yeah, it’s more like observational point of view live streaming. No other action involved interactions.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Ts are really good at doing a whole lot of nothing. I can imagine a stream getting boring quick.
It’s for both tarantula keepers and non-keepers. Well, I’d say more focused on non-keepers. For them to watch and see what’s like to have one, and get interested in one.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
It’s for both tarantula keepers and non-keepers. Well, I’d say more focused on non-keepers. For them to watch and see what’s like to have one, and get interested in one.
I get that. But the difference is that dogs and cats (aside from sleeping) are always doing something. Tarantulas will sit there, in the same exact position, for hours.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I get that. But the difference is that dogs and cats (aside from sleeping) are always doing something. Tarantulas will sit there, in the same exact position, for hours.
Yeah, indeed. I don’t expect people to stare at their monitor or smartphone screen for hours. I am sure people will come and go. But if they’re really interested in one, people will stick around time to time and check back on it. I think... I will certainly keep watching time to time, if I hadn’t purchase one.

Svetlana14

Arachnopeon
I like to watch my tarantulas when they do things I find interesting like grooming, eating, moving stuff around their enclosures, webbing...stuff like that. Maybe you could just stream when they actually move around?

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire

I used to do live feeding and pairings, lots of Pslams and Avic pairings, tried GBB pairing live, got boring fast. That used to be a ton of fun, but every year I get more and more antisocial...

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
I think a live stream of cohabbed mating pairs may be viable. Communals as well, although once they're established you almost never see anything interesting, but when something does happen, boy is it cool lol.