Thirsty Tegu

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was spraying the cage down and she decided she wanted a sip.

My wife filmed a few moments while giggling the whole time. I can't blame her. I thought it was hilarious too. (Click the pic below for video.)

The tegu's mate hates me though. I was spraying his cage and all he could do was come out, see me, and charge in attempt to kill me. 24 inches of raw fury in that one.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
When I have an animal that tries to attack me, I give it to Joey... ;)
How's the immanis doing?

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I have an animal that tries to attack me, I give it to Joey... ;)
How's the immanis doing?
She's doing great. She paired with a male twice and no longer is accepting him so hopefully in a few months we'll have an eggsac.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So do the males eventually get those big cheeks? I have seen some vids on youtube where these tegus have really enlarged cheeks (like bugs Bunny....) Or is it due to them being overfed and obese?

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So do the males eventually get those big cheeks? I have seen some vids on youtube where these tegus have really enlarged cheeks (like bugs Bunny....) Or is it due to them being overfed and obese?
Both. Males have very large jowls. That said many people over feed their tegus and they get too fat.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
that is adorable i have a cow that does that with the watering hose i really want a tegu thats on my lizard list besides buckets of cresties