thinking of selling off my collection

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am thinking of selling off all of my spiders. I have a new baby and a 56 hour a week job and I am finding it hard to keep up with it all. plus i have a new house and a new car payment that I could use the money for. my only question is what should I ask for my 4 inch female poecilotheria metallica. I have a good idea of what to ask for the rest. so what would you all charge?

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would guess that you could get 3-400 for the P. metallica. I know there are breeders that sell babies for almost that much, but if you need the money quick, this should ensure a quick sale. Keep in mind that even if a dealer would sell one for 5-600, how many people would have that kind of money? For 3-400, it will sell quickly.

Congrats on the baby by the way.

greenbay1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your Ts but congrats on the baby. I've enjoyed your postings - hope you won't bow out completely. I definitely wouldn't let a female P. metallica at the 4" size go cheaply. She is well established and I'm sure in good care, not to mention a potential breeder. Keep the price up but not out of range for those who know their stuff about 'pokies'. Again, congrats on the baby and don't burn yourself out on your job. :)

Farom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Why get rid of them all? I say just slim down the collection, and keep the Metallica. :razz:

Thanks,
Andrew

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
I'm with Andrew just keep a few (3 or 4). Unless the wife or you are uncomfortable with the chance of an escapee with the baby (Congrats)

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd be more than happy to adopt that P. metallica for you....I live in KY so you can drop by and visit her any time you want, and I'd gladly send you weekly pics of her. :D