Thinking about a Cuvier's Caiman, any advise?

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Hey guys I've not been on in a while (due to a really bad break up and a move.) and seeing as 90% of my collection was "taken" from me in the break up (she kept most of the tarantulas, scorpions, the rat, the cat and our gecko) i now have a bit of space for a larger animal that i have wanted for quite some time.

I have thought about the Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman (Paleosuchus palpebrosus) for a few years now and i have done a lot of searching and "research" (never know how your experience will be compared to others.) on them, knowing the size and general husbandry i wanted to see if anyone had any and had any advice and/or stories with this animal before i jump in.

Any information/help is appreciated!!

schmiggle

Arachnoking
You sound like you know what you're doing, at which I am impressed :) Just please don't lose a limb. I don't have any additional information, but I would like pictures whenever you get them.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
You sound like you know what you're doing, at which I am impressed :) Just please don't lose a limb. I don't have any additional information, but I would like pictures whenever you get them.
I will definitely post pictures if i decide to go through with it. When i lived in WV, i had the chance to get a Smooth Fronted Caiman (Paleosuchus trigonatus), but decided against it. Mostly because the shop owner was trying to sell it as Paleosuchus palpebrosus.... I told her it was labeled wrong and she wouldn't listen (what shop owner ever does? lol) even after i explained major obvious differences (mostly the keeling of the scales and the head shape). So i left without anything except some corkbark pieces and tubes.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Reach out to New England Reptile Distributors. Kevin McCurley and co. breed them and have quite a bit of experience with them. A bit of a hike to visit them I'd imagine, but still worth a call or email at least.
You do already sound like you have a good idea of what's needed for the species. So i wish you the best of luck!