Theraposa Blondi

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
They can (I have a pic of my H. laoticus hanging upside down on the lid of its KK like it's a Xenomorph, I'll see if I can dig it out) but they're basically heavily armoured tanks and more resistant to damage.

Edit: found it.

View attachment 285602
They cant climb straight up glass and acrylic like tarantulas. If the lid is low enough they can grip it, as seen in your pics...but I doubt that's what cold blood meant when he said they cant climb.
The substrate looks a little dry for a Theraposa.
The Theraposa
1. Theraposa.
Theraphosa, wasn't going to correct you guys at first but that's four times this has been misspelled in one thread lol...including the title.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
They cant climb straight up glass and acrylic like tarantulas. If the lid is low enough they can grip it, as seen in your pics...but I doubt that's what cold blood meant when he said they cant climb.

Theraphosa, wasn't going to correct you guys at first but that's four times this has been misspelled in one thread lol...including the title.
I wonder if it's autocorrect? :rofl:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel

That will teach me not to copy and paste from other people's posts. Didn't even notice the the missing H.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
My local shop had a 5-6" T. stirmi a few months back, but I honestly don't recall what they had is listed as, I don't think they used the scientific name at all, as they rarely do. It was displayed as some kind of birdeater.

It was $109.99 iirc, so they weren't out to scalp anybody.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Yeah, I know they can't climb smooth surfaces in the traditional sense but they will use pretty much any means they can (propping themselves up with their tails/using their claws/etc.) to get to a surface they can grip.

Georgia

Arachnopeon

Yup, autocorrect for Android. Its a wonderful thing.

I wonder if it's autocorrect? :rofl:
It surely was! lol

T. stirmi are absolutely not hard to find.

I honestly never knew that h was there...huh:bored:
I didnt say T. Stirmi were hard to find. I was taking about a true T. Blondi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hmm, just like Theraphosidae... I guess I should have known that :rofl:

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Looks blondi to me, no tan/pink socks
No hair on third leg joint(patella or femora) so its t stirmi
Try giving it a very deep cave with a lot of loose earth
this should help it settle as long as its warm/humid enough .t stirmi are always passed off a t blondi 9/10 times happens in uk as well

Pic is of 5th moult true t blondi female.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I am so confused so many people are saying Theraposa, I have always said Theraphosa