Theraphosinae sp. panama

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Need any and all info on these please.
know they are smaller, considered dwarf species (3.5-4")
Good growth rate,(medium to fast)
supposedly laid back, threat posture like a Thrixopelma (abdomen up)
but unfortunately not much else, anyone have them or had them?
yes I searched not finding much.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
TarCan has them and I tried to do some research and only found what you did. There's very little out there about them.

kinglaz85

Arachnopeon
I have two little slings. Got them about a month ago. I keep them in deli cup with moist Eco earth. So far so good :)

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Thanks guys been looking around and getting nothing.
OK so, basic sling care and see how it goes then 0.o

MsBuzzKill

Caltuckian
I have one I've been raising for a little over a year now (received 3/24/2015 as a sling). It's now around 1.5" DLS though it's difficult to tell because it hasn't come completely out of the hide since its recent molt a couple weeks ago.

I have it at room temperature on damp Eco Earth with some sphagnum moss added to help retain moisture. There's a hide which it utilizes the vast majority of the time though it has done a little bit of "landscaping."

Here's a pic I was fortunate enough to get back in April of this year. I say "fortunate" because this little beauty doesn't like to be seen much and is quite skittish. But, I'm always very happy to catch a glimpse.
Theraphosinae_sp_Panama(4-7-2016).jpg

Kymura

Arachnoknight
I have one I've been raising for a little over a year now (received 3/24/2015 as a sling). It's now around 1.5" DLS though it's difficult to tell because it hasn't come completely out of the hide since its recent molt a couple weeks ago.

I have it at room temperature on damp Eco Earth with some sphagnum moss added to help retain moisture. There's a hide which it utilizes the vast majority of the time though it has done a little bit of "landscaping."

Here's a pic I was fortunate enough to get back in April of this year. I say "fortunate" because this little beauty doesn't like to be seen much and is quite skittish. But, I'm always very happy to catch a glimpse.
View attachment 216164
Thank you SO much. Think it's a gorgeous T but really wasn't finding much on care. I work hard trying to give them what they need to be secure and happy spiders. I'll be sure to give it a nice hide or two, plenty of sub and keep things a bit damp. All my babies get Moss so plenty of that on hand as well. :)
Again THANK YOU!!

elysium

Arachnosquire
TarCan has them and I tried to do some research and only found what you did. There's very little out there about them.
I'm not sure I see the sp Panama on their list. Where do you see it? i have been keeping an eye out for one of those beauties for a while now!

MsBuzzKill

Caltuckian
Thank you SO much. Think it's a gorgeous T but really wasn't finding much on care. I work hard trying to give them what they need to be secure and happy spiders. I'll be sure to give it a nice hide or two, plenty of sub and keep things a bit damp. All my babies get Moss so plenty of that on hand as well. :)
Again THANK YOU!!
No problem and best of luck; they really are gorgeous!

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I'm not sure I see the sp Panama on their list. Where do you see it? i have been keeping an eye out for one of those beauties for a while now!
Sorry, my mistake! I was mixing it up with the Ami sp. Panama that I was also looking at. Sorry if I got your hopes up. :(

elysium

Arachnosquire
Sorry, my mistake! I was mixing it up with the Ami sp. Panama that I was also looking at. Sorry if I got your hopes up. :(
I had a feeling that's what it was :(

I will have to ask Amanda if they ever get those on import. Bruce has 1 inch unsexed specimens for $250 but yeah... its 250 bucks.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have 2 females at apprx 4cm DLS. I would say medium growth rate. I keep half sub damp and half dry and keep them room temps. They don't have much of an appetite but when they do its a great feeding response. I have never seen a full threat posture, but have seen some raised abdomens.

The lava Ts are amazing specimens. I am not really into smaller Ts but these are a must for the collection.
They have been in the hobby for ages now, but they are still rare to come by. Well worth a purchase!

Kymura

Arachnoknight
I have 2 females at apprx 4cm DLS. I would say medium growth rate. I keep half sub damp and half dry and keep them room temps. They don't have much of an appetite but when they do its a great feeding response. I have never seen a full threat posture, but have seen some raised abdomens.

The lava Ts are amazing specimens. I am not really into smaller Ts but these are a must for the collection.
They have been in the hobby for ages now, but they are still rare to come by. Well worth a purchase!
many thanks :) saw them and knew it was a must have for me :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I know an Italian keeper with a couple of slings, they are extremely tiny as babies, but not hard at all to care :-s

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
Are these guys pet holes, webbers, or stay out and about? I still have a hard time finding information on these guys..

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Are these guys pet holes, webbers, or stay out and about? I still have a hard time finding information on these guys..
Mine are only small, they are a lot slower growing than I had anticipated, and they are pet holes. That often changes once they get to be a decent size, but I very rarely see either of mine. They have great appetites.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
I look forward to mine! Can't wait to see what it does. Sounds like I need to go with a GBB type enclosure. Room to burrow and anchor points to web. Best of both worlds!