Theraphosinae sp. 'Colombia'

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Before you say "Yoose da serch funkshun", I did and all I got back was a photo thread and another thread asking this question from a year ago with a grand total of zero answers, neither of which helps me :pompous:

I've just placed an order for one from Portsmouth Tarantulas. Anyone kept these? Any husbandry tips? I'm assuming they're fast/skittish/midgets.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Before you say "Yoose da serch funkshun", I did and all I got back was a photo thread and another thread asking this question from a year ago with a grand total of zero answers, neither of which helps me :pompous:

I've just placed an order for one from Portsmouth Tarantulas. Anyone kept these? Any husbandry tips? I'm assuming they're fast/skittish/midgets.
Not a helpful comment, but are these the ones where the slings look just like GBB slings?

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +

Actually they remind me more in behavior of Hap Columbia's and care. As stated, fast & skittish
However, I would not say midget like munchkin patch. More like Gross at the 3-4" range.

Oddly enough my females leg was torn off by the Male in the breeding struggle. She took him out afterwords though. She built a web wall that she is in....hopefully will lay, but time will tell.

Awesome species though and feel free to PM with anything further.....

Attachments

boina

Lady of the mites
I've got two, subadults/adults, raised from sling and I think both are female. They got a new name in the Tapi revision and are now Pseudoclamoris burgessi. Mine are moderately skittish, but stay hidden a lot. They definitely reach 4" easily. I had a semi-arboreal setup in a kritter keeper when they were growing up but have now transferred them into a 8x8x12" arboreal enclosure. I don't think they mind too much has long as they get a good hide and some anchor points. Both of mine webbed a lot.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
They got a new name in the Tapi revision and are now Pseudoclamoris burgessi.
That's Tapinauchenius sp. 'Colombia', I'm after info on Theraphosinae sp. 'Colombia' ;)

I emailed the seller last night and he said they live in trees so I think he's got the two mixed up as well.

boina

Lady of the mites
That's Tapinauchenius sp. 'Colombia', I'm after info on Theraphosinae sp. 'Colombia' ;)

I emailed the seller last night and he said they live in trees so I think he's got the two mixed up as well.
:bag::bag::bag:

Ok, I'm going back to bed...