Genus Theraphosa

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Geez now thats simply superb, I will be getting one of these very soon and also on the black form. She will have 7 - 10 cm. How long do you think it will take for her to reach 8 - 9 inches ?? Have you got any lasiodoras that size also ??

gustavowright

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Black form???anyone agree with that? my point is... fresh molted blondi pal............

8leggedfriends

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would love one, but im afraid that i wont meet its needs. could someone explain the best way to take care of them? I also want mine to grow the best.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
8leggedfriends said:
I would love one, but im afraid that i wont meet its needs. could someone explain the best way to take care of them? I also want mine to grow the best.
Just like any other tarantula, to be honest. They need really high humidity, and really high ventilation. That's the only special perk. If you give them that, they'll grow to full size in 18-24 months :)

-Bryan

8leggedfriends

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
what are good strategies to keep the temperature the ventilation and humidity up? I read that they need higher temps.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
8leggedfriends said:
what are good strategies to keep the temperature the ventilation and humidity up? I read that they need higher temps.
I've always kept mine at room temperature and she's been fine (for three years, now).

As for humidity and ventilation, even when she was a spiderling, I kept her in a 20 gallon terrarium. I covered 90% of the lid with wet towels. The 10% I left uncovered was right over her hide, and provided lots of ventilation (keeping an overhead fan running helps, too). The wet towels kept the humidity between 90-100%. It was a great deal :)

-Bryan

Freddie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Other of my fat blondi juvie females.

Unfortunately that chocolate brown one is almost impossible to get in pic.

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks! Won't be able to call it a sling much longer. This little beauty came from Botar. Has always been good health spider with big appetite.

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heartfang said:
How big is he? Nice pics!
Well it went back in its hide but I can see it so given the width of its hide it is about a solid 3 inches maybe a bit more. When it starts eating again it will grow like a weed. By the way it kicked up a nice little hair (bristle) cloud when I made it turn around for photo and now between my fingers itch on both hands. Not as severe as I expected. It let me know how it felt about having to take pictures..LOL

gustavowright

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:razz: Hey man, great color ..mine is about to molt..can't wait for that..lol....but she's bigger,4 inch long so far...

smokejuan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
gustavowright said:
:razz: Hey man, great color ..mine is about to molt..can't wait for that..lol....but she's bigger,4 inch long so far...
It is starting to darken a bit now. Still staying in the hide. I will put in a cricket this Friday or Saturday and see if it takes it or not.