Genus Theraphosa

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is a female. Not my T unfortunately but I got to spend some time with her over this past summer. I didn't measure her so you can only guess by using the picture with the dollar bill.

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The way you held her, would have made it very easy for her to turn herself around and nail you on the thumb! I would know I have one and i would never pick her up like that. That one you have there looked pretty pissed too. Anyways....nice pics. ;P

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice blondi. I am not sure if you want to pick her up the way you did in the first picture though.

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, I know what you mean. I only held her briefly like that for the pictures just to get a good aspect of the true size of her. I really had to pay very close attention to how she was feeling. It was really neat because at times she seemed a little more relaxed. But again, I wouldn't recommend for anyone to do that unless they know the risks invloved(to the spider and to yourself).

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
WOW, she is soo huge, fat too. :D

base on looking at that pic, she seems calm.

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She was testy at first but after holding her for about fifteen mintues she calmed down for about five minutes which was really surprising. She does get startled and aggressive at first but after a little while she seams to calm down. I've only handled her three times. Theraphosa blondi.....my favorite tarantula. :)

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I dont think I've ever seen a pair of hands so close to a adult T.Blondi's fangs. They look like talons. :worship:

Nico

Arachnopeon
I have a chance of getting an adult T Blondi garanteed female for 150 EUR is that to much in your opinion ?

BTW: you've got balls of steel :))

ghost_tomb

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well thats done it, i'm now forking out £40 for a T.blondi sling.

great pics:)

not to be rude but do you normally do things this....... insane?? :clap:

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, those prices seem like going rates I guess although 150euro might be a little on the high side but I'm not for sure. As far as being insane....nah, I don't always do things like that but when I do I try to be as smart as I can about it :).

-Andy

ghost_tomb

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well their not the easyist of things to get in britian and i wouldn't want to try shipping them online so £40 for one thats about to molt that i know has been kept in good condition +its a positive id is well worth it, besides now i can powerfeed it:)

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Genus Theraposa

Hey all!
My blondi molted a week ago, and I was able to get some pretty nice pix of the happening :) It's about 5 to 6" now, enjoy!

First one: just crawled out of its skin, notice the dramatic colour change, she's almost black now!

Close-up of the hooks on the leg-tips:

Close up of the nice white fangs, which will soon rot and turn black :D

And lastly, yay!!

Greetz,
Joozt

ghost_tomb

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice pics:) :clap:

My tiny 4cm T.blondi just molted 1 day ago :D

Its really impressive how much smaller the abdomen is after a molt, plus the colour is brilliant.

How long you had her for?

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
man those are some awsome pics you took :cool:...i love the one with the tips of the toes do all T's have those little hooks like that??? i know pokie's do but i had no clue T blondi had them...impressive pics :worship:

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pinktoes804 said:
man those are some awsome pics you took :cool:...i love the one with the tips of the toes do all T's have those little hooks like that??? i know pokie's do but i had no clue T blondi had them...impressive pics :worship:
To the best of my knowledge all tarantulas have claws.

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
CIRE said:
To the best of my knowledge all tarantulas have claws.
Yeah, all T's have those claws, they are retractable (sp?), so you usually can't see them.

Ghost Tomb: Bought her in June, as a 1 1/2" sling, grows enormously with each molt.

Greetz!