1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theraphosa stirmi feeding

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Venom1080, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

Advertisement
    I can personally guarantee to everyone here that frogs are a true Delicatessen, since forever here in northern Italy and France we eat those jumping greenish lovely. The legs, fried, are delicious :hungry:

The difference between me and @Venom1080 here is that I would had throwed the jumping yummi in a wok, while the spider 'ciccia'... maybe a vulgar common cricket if he/she's a good eight legged 'son', otherwise, diet :yawn:

Here, straight from 'Donna Moderna' (means 'Modern Woman', ih ih ih) the recipe of rice with frogs.

Sublime, awesome, amazing, a luxury for spiders :pompous:

https://ricette.donnamoderna.com/risotto-con-le-rane

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnobaron Active Member

Texas
    Here in the Texas/Louisiana/Southern U.S. we not only eat the frog legs, but we hunt the frogs ourselves. Now personally I have never been frog gigging, but a few of my friends have and do on a fairly regular basis. It's actually fairly popular to hunt them with bows as well, but I'd imagine you would either have to be really close to the frog or be really good with a bow if you wanted to go home with anything more than a light snack's worth of legs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

We never hunted down those because, due to our environment, they were basically everywhere: KM zero, from garden to kitchen :)

Also, every kind of snails :hungry: and we have a nice CB intensive frog/snails activity for eating purposes. Horse meat as well - damn if I love horse meat! :angelic:

When I want to eat such Delicatessen, I reach 'Da Romè' restaurant at Mezzana Bigli (loved even by Roberto Baggio, former Serie A champion) for yummi the hell out of those :kiss:

2018-07-12_003256.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. kevinlowl

kevinlowl Arachnoknight

KL
    nice now try a pigeon

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

I'll see what nests are around the house. Only baby birds are fed here.