Theraphosa blondi

Kieron2626123

Arachnosquire
I’ve had blondi slings of them a lot of times bought 3 or more each time accept this time all been Male doggey

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I don't live in the UK, but the TSS did you wrong.
What's sad is I bought an enclosure from them expecting a juvinelle and even added in the notes. Nobody contacted me back to say that it was way to big for the little guy and will escape.
Strange... they communicate well with my sister but not me. Maybe they just don't like me.

Original enclosure in the attached. Way to big.

I’ve had blondi slings of them a lot of times bought 3 or more each time accept this time all been Male doggey
I don't think it's a secret these guys are selling males off as unsexed. We can't all be this unlucky.
100% will buy my next from @KezyGLA list for females, males and slings this is how every breeder should operate.
I would still buy males and so would a lot of other people. There is no excuse.

Attachments

Kieron2626123

Arachnosquire
What's sad is I bought an enclosure from them expecting a juvinelle and even added in the notes. Nobody contacted me back to say that it was way to big for the little guy and will escape.
Strange... they communicate well with my sister but not me. Maybe they just don't like me.

Original enclosure in the attached. Way to big.

I don't think it's a secret these guys are selling males off as unsexed. We can't all be this unlucky.
100% will buy my next from @KezyGLA list for females, males and slings this is how every breeder should operate.
I would still buy males and so would a lot of other people. There is no excuse.
Yeah they just sell males n keep females for breeding

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Cant tell the gender looking at it from that angle. Get a ventral shot. Should still be able to hazard a guess at that size

Kieron2626123

Arachnosquire
It’s definitely a Male same as mine

But least I got sexed females so not to bothered of having males

Last edited by a moderator:

jdjn13

Arachnopeon
Are TSS on this forum? Would be interesting to see what they have to say about all this...selling unwanted males as unsexed seems deceitful to me.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
I understand you paid for a spider that was advertised a good portion larger than the one you received, but Theraphosa are so damn adorable as slings. I couldn't stay mad for long. Look at its fuzzy legs!

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I understand you paid for a spider that was advertised a good portion larger than the one you received, but Theraphosa are so damn adorable as slings. I couldn't stay mad for long. Look at its fuzzy legs!
I have to agree 100%.
But they are the most nervous slings I have dealt with, I know I've stressed my guy out to no end today, he literally goes from he doesn't care being proded moves slowly to turning around and striking/bolting.

Are TSS on this forum? Would be interesting to see what they have to say about all this...selling unwanted males as unsexed seems deceitful to me.
Don't think so.
I don't want to be irate. But it is annoying when every single unsexed specimen you've bought turns out to be male.
Or the seller doesn't correctly label sizes and doesn't communicate.
I will only ever buy slings from TSS from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
At the end of the day its what you would expect for that price.. I guess
There's still no excuse for not labelling the Tarantula sex unless it's a small sling.
I would still of bought the blondi regardless if it was male or female.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
There's still no excuse for not labelling the Tarantula sex unless it's a small sling.
I would still of bought the blondi regardless if it was male or female.
Correct. These can be sexed very young too. I would always be skeptical of experienced sellers punting them as unsexed at that size. Especially a species that is high in demand and sells well.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Has anyone on here ever bought an unsexed tarantula from TSS and had it turn out to be female?

Minty

@londontarantulas
Nope all Male.
My first tarantula was from them. Turned out to be a male. Got a P.Metallica sling from them so that's obviously a lottery. Think I'll buy them elsewhere if this turns out to be true.