Theraphosa blondi

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Finally found one for sale.
Unsexed juvinelle, for £80 is this a good and fair price?

Ran

Arachnoknight
Paul, if it’s a juvenile, this species is so easy to ventral sex at this age...ask for a ventral shot.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Paul, if it’s a juvenile, this species is so easy to ventral sex at this age...ask for a ventral shot.
Yeah, 6cm juvinelle if it's easy I will ask.

Edit:
There's no way they will sent me vent shot, these will sell quick. I doubt they'd bother.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I hate to say it but the reason I don't buy juveniles from TSS anymore is because every one I have bought from them in the past has been male. Hmmmmmm .. :sour:

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I hate to say it but the reason I don't buy juveniles from TSS anymore is because every one I have bought from them in the past has been male. Hmmmmmm .. :sour:
Yep, same here. 5 spiders from TSS unsexed all turned out to be male.
I never learn because I just bought him.
I don't understand why breeders and dealers can't sex a tarantula it really isn't difficult, even a lot of their adults are unsexed.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I don't understand why breeders and dealers can't sex a tarantula it really isn't difficult, even a lot of their adults are unsexed.
I suspect they do sex them, then sell them as "unsexed juveniles".

I will get a lot of flak but it seems a good way to rid themselves of their unwanted males.

Thing is, being the biggest name in the hobby in UK helps them shift with no questions asked.

Don't get me wrong. I know the people at TSS and I don't have any problems with them, infact we get on.

They do lots for the hobby, but selling males as unsexed begs questioning. I see it all so often. I think @The Grym Reaper has had an all male ratio when buying "unsexed juveniles" too.

I learned my lesson and will only buy sexed specimens from them in future.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I suspect they do sex them, then sell them as "unsexed juveniles".

I will get a lot of flak but it seems a good way to rid themselves of their unwanted males.

Thing is, being the biggest name in the hobby in UK helps them shift with no questions asked.

Don't get me wrong. I know the people at TSS and I don't have any problems with them, infact we get on.

They do lots for the hobby, but selling males as unsexed begs questioning. I see it all so often. I think @The Grym Reaper has had an all male ratio when buying "unsexed juveniles" too.

I learned my lesson and will only buy sexed specimens from them in future.
I've never had any problems from them, the chances of getting a sexed Female T. blondi for £80 just isn't going to happen, so when it arrives I fully expect it to be Male.
It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to finally have a sexed female.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I think @The Grym Reaper has had an all male ratio when buying "unsexed juveniles" too.
Yeah, the only juvenile that turned out to be female was when they cocked up my order for a versi (sent a half-dead sling instead of a juvie) and had sold out of them on the site so I think my replacement was one that they were going to keep back for future breeding.

My A. chalcodes was sold as unsexed but I asked for a female and got one, it does say that you can ask for specific sexes in the comments when checking out, whether you get what you asked for or not is up to them. I asked for a female P. cambridgei and got a male.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Well, you never know I could end up with a female T. blondi.
We shall see on Friday!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I'm interested to see what happens in the end. Wish you a female, but it's really left to luck.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My thoughts exactly...
I've bought it and now I anxiously await to see if it's female or male.
While you probably hope for a 0.1 (reasonable) even in the case of a 1.0 wouldn't be bad at all - again, if we are talking about a true T.blondi, because there's Theraphosa spp. 'scammers' :)

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
While you probably hope for a 0.1 (reasonable) even in the case of a 1.0 wouldn't be bad at all - again, if we are talking about a true T.blondi, because there's Theraphosa spp. 'scammers' :)
I have heard of stories of dealer pulling a fast one with this genus...
I'm fairly confident that TSS wouldn't do anything like this.

It will be real blondi. But I can guarantee that it will be male.
You're correct... but let me have hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I have heard of stories of dealer pulling a fast one with this genus...
I'm fairly confident that TSS wouldn't do anything like this.
Absolutely. I don't want to doubt about TSS good faith or, for that matter, others. Just that, unfortunately, happened that a lot of T.stirmi were sold as 'T.blondi', for T.blondi price tag :)

It will be real blondi. But I can guarantee that it will be male.
Ah ah :)

But even in such a case IMO that wouldn't be too bad. Viewing from the Italian perspective, here in Italy you can buy a PS4 (brand new) with the price asked for a 0.1 adult T.blondi: madness.

Last edited by a moderator: