Theraphosa blondi 2016 & 2018 3rd Instar Molt Stages

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Theraphosa blondi 2016 - Possibly Suriname
64B7508C-3309-47AB-B6EF-AD2DA94C5A51.jpeg
Theraphosa blondi 2018 - French Guiana
8E5573BE-EBA0-47F4-BE28-068733E4CC35.jpeg Photos of two different specimen of the Theraphosa blondi.
First photo: This is an immature male which at the time was unsexed. When I photographed this male he was at 3rd instar in 2016. Please take a close look at the characteristics/color appearance of this blondi.
Second Photo: This is an unsexed blondi I photographed him earlier today for the first time, he’s at 3rd instar as well. Please take a look at the characteristics/color of this blondi.

The Theraphosa blondi on the second photo is supposed to be the hairy looking blondi. So far I see a difference between the none so hairy blondi vs a little fluffy hairy looking blondi. Their colors at third instar is completely different as well.

Apparently both specimens are from different localities. Also both specimens their photos were taken two to three weeks of their post molt cycle.

Last edited:

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Theraphosa blondi 2016 - Possibly Suriname
View attachment 273757
Theraphosa blondi 2018 - French Guiana
View attachment 273758 Photos of two different specimen of the Theraphosa blondi.
First photo: This is an immature male which at the time was unsexed. When I photographed this male he was at 3rd instar in 2016. Please take a close look at the characteristics/color appearance of this blondi.
Second Photo: This is an unsexed blondi I photographed him earlier today for the first time, he’s at 3rd instar as well. Please take a look at the characteristics/color of this blondi.

The Theraphosa blondi on the second photo is supposed to be the hairy looking blondi. So far I see a difference between the none so hairy blondi vs a little fluffy hairy looking blondi. Their colors at third instar is completely different as well.

Apparently both specimens are from different localities. Also both specimens their photos were taken two to three weeks of their post molt cycle.
Definetly seems to be two phenotypes e.g two seperate breeding groups how strange ive been discussing this today with a few on here and well trying to convince another of what i already knew.my 1.1 is sac mates for obvious reasons!