User Thekla's Tarantulas

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I think it's about time to create a thread where I can randomly dump pictures of my Ts. :D

First off... my unsexed G. rosea juvie "Mazikeen". I just love her/him, so beautiful and always out and about.

Mazikeen1.jpg

Mazikeen2.jpg

I also just created a new Youtube account dedicated to my Ts and uploaded a feeding & happy dance video of her/him. :)

I hope there'll be more vids in the future. ;)

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Maybe someone remembers my little rant about Jack, my Homoeomma sp. blue peru sling, back in December. I was waiting (impatiently) for him to moult and posted this along with my rant:

Jack moulting.jpg

One day after the last picture was taken he moulted successfully. :D

Now it's that time again. So, again I made a compilation of pictures, just because I think it's pretty interesting how he changed over the course of the last few weeks. :watchingyou:
The last picture is from today...

second moult cycle.jpg

So, what do you say? When will he be moulting? I take bets! :cool: :D

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Well, all bets are off now... he just moulted! :astonished: Right in front of my eyes, watched the whole thing. :watchingyou: It took him less than an hour... and he did it sideways, never flipped fully on his back.

Jack_2nd moult.jpg

Jack_2nd moult2.jpg

Jack_2nd moult3.jpg

I'm so glad he waited for me. I knew he'd be moulting today, he already laid out his moulting mat yesterday. And when it didn't happen over night, I told him this morning to wait for me... and he did. He started right the moment I got home from work! :D What a nice T, right? ;)

Thekla

Arachnoprince
And here's a picture of my H. sp. blue peru almost 24 hours after his moult. He made a size jump from ~ 3/4" to a bit over 1". Gorgeous little guy (or girl), right? :kiss:

Jack 24h after 2nd moult.jpg

Thekla

Arachnoprince
First meal for my new GBB sling. I got him/her this morning and while rehousing that little thing, (s)he actually tried to eat my brush. :rofl: So cute! So, I thought she might want a first cricket tonight. And, oh man, how (s)he wanted that cricket! :p It was amazing watching that tiny sling hunt down the cricket in seconds. No trace of tentativeness or wariness. Absolutely amazing! :astonished:

Lola_first meal.jpg
And (s)he also already began webbing... a lot! :D

Thekla

Arachnoprince
First decent picture of my A. merianae sling (~ 1,5" - 1,75")

Amerianae_profile pic.jpg

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Well, I guess I'm reanimating this thread... *blows the dust off* ;)

All because of my Homoeomma sp. fire (Euathlus sp. red)... I'm still over the moon that it finally moulted... after being 9 months in my care and 141 days of fasting. And hey, it grew at least 1/10 of an inch! :p But you can't be mad with an E. sp. red, now can you? Not when it looks like this, freshly moulted:

20180807_freshly moulted2.jpg

... or doing the hokey-pokie:

20180807_hokey pokie.jpg

And not even when you'd think that after almost 5 months of fasting it'd be ferociously bouncing on any living thing coming near it :vamp:, but just have to accept that's never gonna happen. :shy:
Despite what it tries to appear, there's just no pokie in an E. sp. red, is there? :rofl:

Well, at least it ate at all. :rolleyes:

are you done w captions.jpg

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I just had a little photo shoot with Mr(s) Blue Berry. (S)he normally resides at the very top of the enclosure in a thick web tunnel, but just now (s)he was out as if to say: "Hey, don't forget about your cutest, fluffiest and most colourful T in your collection! That's me, by the way!" :p

So, I obliged and took a picture. Then (s)he turned around 180 degrees to let me take another shot, and then turned again 90 degrees for yet another shot. It really felt as if (s)he was posing for me. :snaphappy:

20181117_Photo Shoot.jpg