The Worst Possible Luck

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Anybody ever lose power at the worst time, during or in the middle of a rehouse?

Just happened to me this week, on top of it I was moving my phormingochilus everetti...literally the nastiest little spider I have right now. Loves to strike, and clearly thinks shes a lot bigger then she really is lol.

Anyway, so as soon the lid came off its enclosure and I began to prod it into my catch cup all goes black. My T room is downstairs and there are no windows at all, so its dark as hell, cant see anything. Heart was racing out of my chest, all I could think was "Oh no..." I stayed calm all the same and had my wits about me.

Seconds after, just as im reaching for my phone to turn on my flashlight I hear a scramble and flutter of legs....thats when I feel something tapping the deli cup. Thinking it went in, I quickly turn on my flashlight only to see its not there...nowhere that I can see.

Now I start to feel the pressure, looking everywhere close I can think of but nothing...and then, lo and behold theres my P.everetti just sitting on my jeans, at the lowest part near my foot. It had gone for a ride cause I was pacing around the room for a good minute before I saw it there hanging on for dear life lol.

Placed my flashlight on an enclosure leaning downwards to illuminate things at my feet. Managed to catch cup it and trap her then get her into the new enclosure.

Phew! I had a good laugh afterwards and cracked myself a cold beer.

Thats another one for the books lol.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Too bad... a reliable P.everetti bite report (for the 'science', obviously) would had been helpful for the whole community :rolleyes:

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
The worst possible luck might could have been with no flashlight at all.

But yeah, I am glad everything went well in the end. I just love stories with happy ending.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
LOL. i once had an M. balfouri sling run up my pant leg, but it was because of my own stupidity not a power outage or the like.

I'm glad it worked out in the end.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@Nightstalker47

Man I know this story is false, because I know instead of that docile species you are sputtering about, you were flipping out because you were moving an E sp Red, just come clean and we will all still enjoy your presence here :troll:

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
I always wear a head flashlight just in case when I do a rehouse, which is rare. Most of my Ts are sub adults or adults. I have one sling a B hamorii that will need a rehouse in another few molts. I just like having the head lamp on even with the lights on. Helps illuminate the enclosure I’m moving the T from and it’s new home. Also easier to see what you are doing.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
@Nightstalker47

Man I know this story is false, because I know instead of that docile species you are sputtering about, you were flipping out because you were moving an E sp Red, just come clean and we will all still enjoy your presence here :troll:
:rolleyes:

So you can read minds? Guilty as charged, just keep it on the DL.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Actually, in my book, any reason to crack open a cold beer in not the worst luck possible. ;)

"The Russians just launched a barrage of nuclear missiles? Cool! Time to crack open a beer! Wuzzat? The missiles will impact in seven minutes? Even better, make that SEVEN beers!" :D