1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Worst Possible Luck

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Nightstalker47, Aug 10, 2018 at 2:57 PM.

1. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoprince Active Member

Advertisement
    Anybody ever lose power at the worst time, during or in the middle of a rehouse?

Just happened to me this week, on top of it I was moving my phormingochilus everetti...literally the nastiest little spider I have right now. Loves to strike, and clearly thinks shes a lot bigger then she really is lol.

Anyway, so as soon the lid came off its enclosure and I began to prod it into my catch cup all goes black. My T room is downstairs and there are no windows at all, so its dark as hell, cant see anything. Heart was racing out of my chest, all I could think was "Oh no..." I stayed calm all the same and had my wits about me.

Seconds after, just as im reaching for my phone to turn on my flashlight I hear a scramble and flutter of legs....thats when I feel something tapping the deli cup. Thinking it went in, I quickly turn on my flashlight only to see its not there...nowhere that I can see.

Now I start to feel the pressure, looking everywhere close I can think of but nothing...and then, lo and behold theres my P.everetti just sitting on my jeans, at the lowest part near my foot. It had gone for a ride cause I was pacing around the room for a good minute before I saw it there hanging on for dear life lol.

Placed my flashlight on an enclosure leaning downwards to illuminate things at my feet. Managed to catch cup it and trap her then get her into the new enclosure.

Phew! I had a good laugh afterwards and cracked myself a cold beer.

Thats another one for the books lol.

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. spookyvibes

spookyvibes Arachnoknight Active Member

Indiana
    :eek: Of all times you could lose power! I’m so glad that everything worked out in the end

• Like Like x 2
  3. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnosquire Active Member

So many ways that could have gone wrong:eek:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

Too bad... a reliable P.everetti bite report (for the 'science', obviously) would had been helpful for the whole community :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
    The worst possible luck might could have been with no flashlight at all.

But yeah, I am glad everything went well in the end. I just love stories with happy ending.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nightstalker47

Heres the culprit enjoying her first meal in the new enclosure. 20180801_045411.jpg 20180801_045452.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  7. WildSpider

WildSpider Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    :nailbiting:

• Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  8. Lyrognathus

Lyrognathus Arachnopeon Active Member

Glad it was at the bottom of the pant leg:troll:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Ultum4Spiderz

Ultum4Spiderz Arachnoprince Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Theneil

Theneil Arachnobaron Active Member

USA
    LOL. i once had an M. balfouri sling run up my pant leg, but it was because of my own stupidity not a power outage or the like.

I'm glad it worked out in the end.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

@Nightstalker47

Man I know this story is false, because I know instead of that docile species you are sputtering about, you were flipping out because you were moving an E sp Red, just come clean and we will all still enjoy your presence here :troll:

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. MikeofBorg

MikeofBorg Arachnosquire Active Member

I always wear a head flashlight just in case when I do a rehouse, which is rare. Most of my Ts are sub adults or adults. I have one sling a B hamorii that will need a rehouse in another few molts. I just like having the head lamp on even with the lights on. Helps illuminate the enclosure I’m moving the T from and it’s new home. Also easier to see what you are doing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Nightstalker47

:rolleyes:

So you can read minds? Guilty as charged, just keep it on the DL.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. beccadarling

beccadarling Arachnopeon

USA
    My word what an adventure! That's pretty bad luck. Glad you caught it though!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Garth Vader

Garth Vader Arachnohipster Arachnosupporter

This is terrifying!

Note to self: do rehousings only during daylight hours!

16. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Old Timer

Actually, in my book, any reason to crack open a cold beer in not the worst luck possible. ;)

"The Russians just launched a barrage of nuclear missiles? Cool! Time to crack open a beer! Wuzzat? The missiles will impact in seven minutes? Even better, make that SEVEN beers!" :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
    If I may substitute ‘beers’ with ‘Cherry Coke’ or ‘Dr Pepper’ or ‘Clamato’?