The vigil

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Across the street from a friend's restaurant and elderly man lived alone with a faithful canine companion. The two were partners in life for many years. Then one night the man died. The people came and took his body away, moved the dog outside and locked up the house.
My friend across the street took note on the dog, sitting out by the road, and tried to give him a home. While the dog gratefully accepted food it refused to move more than a few feet from the street.
The house was sold and some new people moved in. They soon discovered their house came with a dog. They were quite willing to adopt him, offering him a home. The dog accepted food, but refused to come in the house.
We stopped at the restaurant tonight. It's been four years now. I went over and said hello to the dog. He remembers me, but of course won't move from that spot. On the driveway at the street, waiting for his human to come riding up the road on his motorcycle.

Last edited:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Across the street from a friend's restaurant and elderly man lived alone with a faithful canine companion. The two were partners in life for many years. Then one night the man died. The people came and took his body away, moved the dog outside and locked up the house.
My friend across the street took note on the dog, sitting out by the road, and tried to give him a home. While the dog gratefully accepted food it refused to move more than a few feet from the street.
The house was sold and some new people moved in. They soon discovered their house came with a dog. They were quite willing to adopt him, offering him a home. The dog accepted food, but refused to come in the house.
We stopped at the restaurant tonight. It's been four years now. I went over and said hello to the dog. He remembers me, but of course won't move from that spot. On the driveway at the street, waiting for his human to come riding up the road on his motorcycle.

Like the dog in the Oddyssey. That's sorta tragic

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Poor Thai Hachi! I hope everybody else treats such a loyal dog with kindness.