Problem The NEEDS FIXING thread.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
This thread is only to inform the AB team of little stuff that needs tidying up after the change over maelstrom.

1. Typo. Help > Active Members > last paragraph ... we off the option ... change to offer

2. Balloon windows not closing. I have one open right now that refuses to go away. I can even open a second mouse over balloon with the stuck one remaining.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
This thread is only to inform the AB team of little stuff that needs tidying up after the change over maelstrom.

1. Typo. Help > Active Members > last paragraph ... we off the option ... change to offer

2. Balloon windows not closing. I have one open right now that refuses to go away. I can even open a second mouse over balloon with the stuck one remaining.
1. Typo is fixed, thanks! :)

2. You should be able to just click anywhere outside of the balloon for it to disappear. ;)

The Snark

Old Timer
2. You should be able to just click anywhere outside of the balloon for it to disappear. ;)
Uhuh. Right mouse button, 402 times, left, 86 times. Center, a couple dozen.... Seriously though, it just plain got stuck. Nothing I did closed it until I closed the entire window. I seem to vaguely remember. Something similar in PHP. A hierarchy in the code that needs priority by itself. Brain dead. Might recall someday.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
not quite the same topic, but i know its got to do with the update...im also having issues seeing watering hole, even tho im apart of it and it pops up on my main "forum" page? and i can see what topics are o_O but when i click to see or try and post i get
"Arachnoboards - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

also don't seem to have tapatalk up and running [figured thatl be a few days tho]

gcandd

Arachnopeon
No WH here, I checked the WH section. Maybe it takes a while to update.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
@pyro fiend @Ellenantula @gcandd

Have you guys read the Welcome Back thread? Check out #4 :) (I just edited it to mention that it may take an hour before your access is restored. It should not take more than 2)

The Watering Hole also allows everyone to view thread titles, but to read actual posts, you must be in the watering hole group to view posts.

Regards

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I noticed something that I think should be corrected. When viewing the list of forums from Arachnoboards.com clicking on a thread takes me to the very last post in the thread and not first unread as I think it should. emraer.JPG

If I were to click on "M. balfouri bald spot on..." A thread I haven't viewed yet, it'll take me there, but I'd have to scroll back up the page to see how the conversation started. Annoying.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
@z32upgrader That's working as intended. Links from "forum home" will always take you to the last post in a thread. What you want to do is click links from the forum list:

post links.png

"Dots" or "Thread Titles" will take you to the first unread post or the first post if the whole thread has already been read (the dot won't be there if the thread is already read). Times (on the right side) will take you to the last post in the thread.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm aware of the little dots that'll take to to the first unread. I don't see the usefulness of taking me to the very last post unless it's the only post I haven't read yet. The previous iteration of this forum didn't do that. It took you to the first unread, and I liked that feature. It made sense.
Oh well.

The Snark

Old Timer
I'm aware of the little dots that'll take to to the first unread. I don't see the usefulness of taking me to the very last post unless it's the only post I haven't read yet. The previous iteration of this forum didn't do that. It took you to the first unread, and I liked that feature. It made sense.
Oh well.
It's really handy to zoom to the most recent rather than getting zapped to the first of, sometimes, several hundred posts you have already read.