1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The most relieved you’ve ever been in the hobby?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by AnimalNewbie, May 17, 2018.

1. AnimalNewbie

AnimalNewbie Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    Last night my juvenile avic ate after 2 weeks which I know isn’t that much but I was still constsantly worried about it and last night it ate. I was so relieved and shocked I almost fell of my chair when I saw it. So what was the most relieved you’ve ever been in the hobby???

2. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnoknight Active Member

Biggest time I was relieved was when I thought my T. stirmi was struggling with molt. But then she got off her old clothes, and I was so relieved. :shame:

• Like Like x 1
  3. chanda

chanda Arachnoprince Active Member

My biggest relief was when I *finally* counted all five of the M. balfouri in my communal tank, after my DH left the lid open overnight. (He was supposed to be taking care of them for me while I was out of town. I told him I wasn't going to be gone long enough for them to need feeding - but he decided to feed them anyway.)

• Like Like x 2
  4. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

The most-- When AB people actually search for information on their own BEFORE posting and BEFORE BUYING!

• Funny x 9
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Sad x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Coffee x 1
  5. Venomgland

Venomgland Arachnosquire

Georgia
    Finding my weekend warrior H. incei sling on my bathroom wall 3 days later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Finding my B. smithi about 36hrs after he escaped.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Old Timer

Yeah, I think escape and recovery tales will be the most prevalent contributions...

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. FrDoc

FrDoc Arachnoknight Active Member

When, after losing sight of it for about three minutes, I realized the most expensive and smallest sling (about 1/8") I ever bought did not blow across my desk when I opened its shipping vial under a ceiling fan.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  9. AnimalNewbie

AnimalNewbie Arachnobaron Active Member

Actually I’m refraining from my previous most relieved moment and put it to when I found my heterometrus spinifer after 15 hours about 1.5 ft away from my bed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vinny2915

Vinny2915 Arachnosquire Active Member

When i was feeding my S.calceatum and it decided to run up the tongs only to stop right before my hand and just chill. I almost cried from relief.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. johnny quango

johnny quango Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

The most relieved I've been with this hobby is when my D diamantinensis juvenile bolted straight up my arm all the way to my armpit, i waited for the bite that never came. It was a true feisty beast

12. RonnyT

RonnyT Arachnosquire

Canada
    What was the sling?

13. spookyvibes

spookyvibes Arachnoknight Active Member

Indiana
    Probably when my little itty bitty H. sp. Columbia sling molted after not eating for a month. That isn’t that long as far as fasting is concerned, but it was so tiny and fragile, it was making me nervous.

Also, every day I wake up and see my G. porteri (first T) alive and kicking (hairs) is always a relief. She’s an old lady, and I’m absolutely dreading the day that she leaves this world:( I’d rather get rid of every other invert in my collection instead of getting rid of/losing her.

• Like Like x 3
  14. FrDoc

FrDoc Arachnoknight Active Member

A. Moderatum

15. Pseudo

Pseudo Arachnosquire Active Member

Finding my A. hentzi after she escaped for three weeks. She was living in the reclining chair the entire time. We searched under that chair and everything prior to her coming out on her own.

16. crone

crone Arachnoangel Active Member

I would have cried! After I had to change my pants lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. ccTroi

ccTroi Arachnosquire

My 1/3” Homoeomma sp. “red” has never molted yet in the five months I’ve had it. Its last meal was a partially eaten prey on March 1st. Today, I finally saw a black patch on its abdomen - mind you it was light brown until now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Death Derp

Death Derp Arachnopeon

finding my a. chalcodes sling against my wall after s/he escaped.

19. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Old Timer

Been there. I had a very small H. petersii get out after the deli-cup sort of auto-popped its top. I figured there was no way I'd relocate the small scorp. I searched and gave up and decided to give it another shot a bit later, and discovered it beneath a small piece of cardboard nearby. Not sure why I did not look there during the first search.

And then another time, I had not realized that a piece of decoration I had in a sub-adult H. petersii enclosure was nearly high enough for the scorpion to use as a ladder to climb up over the top of an uncovered 5-1/2 gallon tank. I found it concealed underneath something (can't recall what in that case) about three feet away. Apparently, those things head for the closest refuge and stay put for at least a while.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnobaron Active Member

Probably when my Theraphosa blondi moulted for the first time in my care.