1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The most defensive tarantula you've had

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Paramite, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Paramite

Paramite Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    Like the topic says. I think it would be interesting to know.

Mine was H. minax. She was more defensive than my P. muticus. Incredible spider. It's a shame I lost her to a bad molt. :(

2. Oliverhenderson

Oliverhenderson Arachnopeon

A chalcodes funny how its more defensive than any of my old worlds

3. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnoknight Active Member

L. klugi is the only one in my collection that has kicked hairs at me (while a 1 inch sling, funnily enough.) I hear that B. boehmei is a terrible kicker too...we'll see when it grows up.

Sorry if this is a boring answer...I only deal with NW terrestrials.

• Love Love x 1
  4. Paramite

Paramite Arachnoprince Old Timer

It isn't boring at all. NW's can be defensive too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. basin79

basin79 Arachnoprince Active Member

To be honest non of my T's are defensive. They all run back to their dens when startled/disturbed.

Some where defensive when I unboxed them but that's to be expected.

6. obie

obie Arachnosquire

ohio
    My most defensive T I've ever owned was my P Irmina. But now he's gone so my most defensive T is my phormictopus sp green.

• Award Award x 1
  7. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoking Active Member

--
    The Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) isn't defensive at all: She's a benign Mother -.-

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

P muticus.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. PanzoN88

PanzoN88 Arachnoknight Active Member

Ohio
    Brachypelma Sabulosum

10. Spidermolt

Spidermolt Arachnoknight Active Member

Cyriopagopus lividum, they're fine until you have to rehouse them which thankfully isn't that often.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoknight Active Member

It was my L. difficilis right up until my B. smithi decided to cast off her manners along with her old exoskeleton.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. EulersK

EulersK Arachnoengineer Arachnosupporter

Phlogius sp. "Black Presley", hands down. Nasty little witch.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Rittdk01

Rittdk01 Arachnosquire Active Member

Indiana
    Feisty girl in my avatar. She has slapped my hand more than once and is my only tarantula that will run at me when cleaning or watering. I dont know why, but she makes me laugh and I am really fond of her. Maybe that's why she's named after my better half :)

14. grayzone

grayzone Arachnoking

While i never was one to really bother my ts, in my experience the LV or OBT were the most defensive.
    I will say im a firm believer that obt are actually downright AGGRESSIVE, as my big female would attack for no reason.
    I could be approaching her enclosure and she would be biting the air dripping venom. That spider, particularly, was one to be respected and treated with caution

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. cold blood

cold blood ArachnoGod Active Member

+1

Easily P.irminia and P.cancerides....my 6" male is a total buttwad.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Magenta

Magenta Arachnopeon Active Member

Illinois
    My B. smithi will kick hairs if I just open her enclosure, or sometimes even moving an enclosure next to hers. I should note that I only have NW species, I have my doubts that I'll ever be comfortable with keeping OWs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoking Active Member

--
    I'm certain that with a Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) everything would be fine :angelic:

• Like Like x 3
  18. louise f

louise f Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

Well i always thought that it was my P. murinus or H.minax i once had but none of them can outcompete my Defensive as hell E.murinus heck i just have to touch her/his enclosure and i can be damn sure to get a pissed off T with a kick ass threat pose with venom dripping fangs... Oh and I`m about to rehouse that piece of hysterical murinu bite my ass :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ghost56

Ghost56 Arachnoknight Active Member

Here lately, my female A. avic. I can't do anything without her slapping the tongs out of my hand, and slapping everything else that moves.

20. Paiige

Paiige Arachnobaron

My C. cyaneopubescens gives me the most threat poses.
    Over literally nothing, too. Filling the water dish? Threat pose. Feeding? Throws himself onto his back, threat pose. Looking in his general direction? Loses his mind and strikes the air.

• Funny Funny x 5