The lonely forest build

NathanWillaim

Arachnopeon
@viper69 @NathanWillaim That seems like an awfully tall tank for a scorpion that could climb up to the top and fall all the way down though. I would not house a terrestrial Tarantula or terrestrial Scorpion in there due to that risk.

Some of my scorpions are terrestrial species and they are definitely not the most adept vertical climbers. Also, how much substrate is in there? Heterometrus species require several inches of the appropriate substrate within which to construct a burrow.
There's about 5in of substrate. The whole underneath is a large cave below the background. Penty for digging.
It doesn't seem to care to climb the background. Just kinda hides in its burrow, wonders out then goes back in.

She will pry be moved after the scorplings climb down from her back.
I have a bark scorpion that would do good in this set up.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69 @NathanWillaim That seems like an awfully tall tank for a scorpion that could climb up to the top and fall all the way down though. I would not house a terrestrial Tarantula or terrestrial Scorpion in there due to that risk.

Some of my scorpions are terrestrial species and they are definitely not the most adept vertical climbers. Also, how much substrate is in there? Heterometrus species require several inches of the appropriate substrate within which to construct a burrow.
I'm just here for the viv building knowledge, new ideas/ways to do things etc, no comment on anything else. :cool:

NathanWillaim

Arachnopeon
the build will be on hold for the next few weeks as I am currently about to set up a divided 30 gallon tank for the scorplings.
Sadly she ate quite a few of the small brood she had.

NathanWillaim

Arachnopeon
figured id give everyone a quick update since i haven't been able to do much of the build because of the scorplings.

The leader of the pack. First to molt and go 2 instar, next to Bob the Blob lol

Also whipped up these little bad boys in about 30 mins for when they are all molted and their exoskeletons harden up to keep better track.
I built 3 total. will make feeding easier, and making observations a lot less crowded.