1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The least desireable species...

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Cirith Ungol, Jul 17, 2005.

1. mimic58

mimic58 Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    G rose

Gramostola should be bread as feeders ,

2. taorchard1987

taorchard1987 Arachnobaron Old Timer

curly hairs should be bansihen from mthe hobby as should G.Roseas

3. BlkCat

BlkCat Arachnoprince Old Timer

I resent that!! :}

4. Cooper

Cooper Arachnoangel Old Timer

Hahahah, I am really more of a dog person. I love dogs!(except those stupid little yappy ones).

5. senor ocho

senor ocho Arachnosquire

CA
    In response to the query of which is the least desirable species, isn't that kinda like asking which child you wanna kick out of the car at a high rate of speed? ;P
    I like em all. Every one possesses worthwhile traits, though some do possess more than others, if I may paraphrase Orwell. Still, I gotta say I wouldn't dump any of them.
    -chris
    www.krazy8sinvertebrates.com

6. Lorgakor

Lorgakor Arachnomom Old Timer

I want to add another one. I am finding my H. maculata to be increasingly boring. They are beautiful when I see them, but a little nerve racking for cage maintenance. One of them is always visible, and one always hides.
    They just don't do much for me. It wasn't a spider that was ever on my wish list, and now I've ended up with two of em!

7. Immortal_sin

Immortal_sin Arachnotemptress Old Timer

Hate is a very strong word, and I can't imagine hating any species....
    Too much energy involved in that :)
    However, there are some non desirable species for me. I have no clue why people are attracted to them, but that's just me:

T blondi
    H lividum
    H gigas

Probably more, but I'm too tired to think of them right now.

8. wolfpak

wolfpak Arachnobaron Old Timer

is there a least desirable species to a trantula enthusiast :? :? :?

9. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

I would say Brachypelma smithi, cause i think they are boring. I am not a big fan of the genus Brachypelma. The one i like best in the genus is B albopilosa. CHEERS!!!///Johan

10. Steve Nunn

Steve Nunn Arachnoprince Old Timer

dead one. the deader they are, the less i like them

11. bagheera

bagheera ArachnoTiger Old Timer

Steve

Speaking of Dead T's.... I am still wondering if that spider you caught ever recovered from the wasp sting.

12. Sequin

Sequin Arachnobaron Old Timer

rosie's i am not attracted to at all... boring, dull color.... yet for some reason, i bought one 3 days ago...hm, amusing.

13. Steve Nunn

Steve Nunn Arachnoprince Old Timer

Hi,
    No, she died approx. 16th Nov (stung on the 10th Sept.), hardly regaining any movement at all. She was unable to take in water or anything. This was quite interesting because in many cases where T's are stung by Pepsis sp. wasps, if they are fully paralyzed, they often completely recover, however those with only partial immobilization often do not recover. In this instance the wasp was a Hemipepsis sp. and the spider was completely paralyzed, yet died anyway with virtually no signs of improvement.

Steve

14. I don't know if I hate any, but there are some I I really dislike

OBTS
    H,lividum
    P.cancerides

Prolly a few more but can;t think of them now

15. bagheera

bagheera ArachnoTiger Old Timer

waaah!
    I am one of those folk's anxiously awaiting your exported Senelecosmia.

16. grockl

grockl Arachnosquire Old Timer

all of them

I realy hate those obnoxious opinionated T's. I mean when they start making biased statements that have no grounding in reality, god. Those realy dull T's are boorish to I mean they should get a new wardrobe and get with the times, like bright and fuzzy is the only way to go. ;P
    You are all cracked, there is a T for everyone why ixnay any species.
    cheers Gary

17. Czalz

Czalz Arachnoknight Old Timer

Aphonopelma texense(and all very similar species found in this region of the country). I guess it's because they're so easy to find in the wild here, and they're not particularly attractive anyways.

"I have carefully examined the evidences of the Christian religion, and if I was sitting as a juror upon its authenticity I would unhesitatingly give my verdict in its favor. I can prove its truth as clearly as any proposition ever submitted to the mind of man." - Alexander Hamilton

18. shogun804

shogun804 Arachnogeneral Old Timer

VA
    Eucratoscelus pachypus

19. Varden

Varden Arachnodemon Old Timer

Kansas
    You know, I haven't yet found one that I wouldn't have. Maybe that's because I'm still new to the hobby, haven't been bitten yet and thus far know no fear. :wicked:

20. Czalz

Czalz Arachnoknight Old Timer

I think that's probably the best way i've heard it put yet. The more available something becomes, the less status it holds. (why do people buy infiniti instead if nissan? lexus instead of toyota? it's all about status, and the G.rosea is like the lesser of two choices because of it's status. How many people would you say "I drive a nissan" to, and how much more eager would you be to say " I drive an Infiniti". It's the same thing with t's, I (ashamedly) have almost not named my G. roseas in my collection list because they seem so beginner, and lack status. I really do like them though, it's just sad that they seemingly drag on the bottom of our lists because they're cheap, and available.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005