The 'kids'

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Unexpected molt from B. emilia, "Honshu"

Exuvium measured solid 3 inches

He came out of his burrow where he spends most of his time and constructed a molt mat over the burrow entrance

B. verdezi

E. murinus

Recently molted G. pulchripes

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pictures! "Ramoth II." Is that a Pern reference?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Have you read the other Pern novels besides the original trilogy? I think I have all of them except the last two. A lot of names to choose from! :)

matt82

Arachnoknight
Great thread, Formerphobe. The E. murinus and A. seemani molting pics being among my favourites :D

Looking at the "dissected" Brachy, for a second, I thought you were a a dab hand with a scalpel ;) Cool toy.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Was able to get a good dls measurement on this girl today. Five+ inches!

M. balfouri peeping out of its burrow

B. albo baby

A. seemanni - good color showing after last molt :)

N. chromatus juvenile

Easy rehousing of this 4+ inch male today. He's a bit of a coward...

Rehousing didn't phase this one! "Please pass the crickets!"

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They're pretty spiders, I won't deny that. :) Just don't see enough of them to get pics unless during or right after rehousing.

matt82

Arachnoknight
Some more great shots of some lovely spiders there, Formerphobe; really like the E. murinus sling, and the M. balfouri shot is very cool!! I had an L1 N. chromatus but it died, would have liked to raise that one up, one of my favourites!

as Ludedor24 said, that A. versi is so cool at that stage, great loooking T in adult colouration too, but that is the best stage for me; just before the red starts emerging, an adult versi that looked like that would be interesting to see. I remember seeing very little of mine at that stage too!

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks, Matt. I probably won't be seeing much of the E. murinus slings for awhile. I recently rehoused them and they are loving redecorating their pre-made burrows. :) Both did come out to grab a cricket last night, but my phone camera doesn't catch >>>blur<<<.
N. chromatus is in its scruffy 'teenaged' stage. I'm amazed at how fast it's grown! I'd have to put it in the LP growth rate category.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
B. emilia molted yesterday. Once it righted itself this cyst was apparent on its dorsal abdomen. :-(

One of the sac mates to the above emilia

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thank you, mmfh!
M. balfouri at feeding time

Less than flattering picture of MF G. rosea

A little more flattering picture of her stuffing her face

Immature male G. pulchra

MF Aphonopelma sp 'Murietta' - standing on her head...

A. seemanni basking

H. lividum makes a rare appearance

GBB baby

E. murinus decided to come out of its deep burrow and molt in the burrow entrance

Last edited: