The 'kids'

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Love your T's and photos! Especially the klassi! What kind of camera do you use?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Love your T's and photos! Especially the klassi! What kind of camera do you use?
Thank you!
Camera, uh, it's a Nikon something or other. It has lots of buttons and knobs and dials that I try not to touch too much. I'm technologically and photographically challenged.... :) A friend talked me through buying a camera - he said, "Go to this site, buy that..." That's what I got. If you try to talk camera to me, my eyes start glazing over. LOL

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 10:40 AM ----------

Freshly molted N. tripepii female

Recently molted E. olivacea

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
B. boehmei post molt yoga

Her girl parts are still prolapsed. :-(

But, it doesn't affect her appetite!

My last A. cf burica male failed a post ultimate molt. :-(

---------- Post added 08-24-2014 at 07:35 PM ----------

AF Psalmopeous cambridgei

AF Homoeomma sp blue Peru...

...didn't like me watching her eat.

Sub adult female G. pulchripes

Juvenile G. porteri. Received her in a trade a couple of years ago as a 'maybe' RCF G. rosea. Guess not. :)

AF G. pulchra. One of my new spiders and the only one of my NW with a nekked butt, but she came that way.

AF Nhandu coloratovillosus

AF Nhandu tripepii

AF Nhandu carapoensis

---------- Post added 08-24-2014 at 07:45 PM ----------

Subadult female Aphonopelma seemanni.

Recently molted subadult female B. albopilosum

Freshly molted juvenile female Euathlus pulcherimaklaasi (for the time being anyway...) Femurs are a deep indigo if the light hits them just right. Maybe next year, next molt she'll get some better color...

AF Poecilotheria rufilata. Love the colors on this girl!

Here she is again eying me from one of her perches.

Sub adult female Ceratogyrus marshalli. She stayed hidden for one molt cycle. Now she's out and about again every day.

Haven't seen an exuvium from this girl in awhile to check spermathacae status. She may be adult now. Certainly adult size!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I really hope your boehmei won't suddenly have a turn to the worse. I'm sure you keep a close eye on her. Haven't seen the last molt of my E. murinus either, she stuffs it into her burrow instead of throwing it out. Luckily, I've already sexed here so that's not an issue! And that rufi is already planning to rip off your crickets to sell them to the other members of your collection :D

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I really hope your boehmei won't suddenly have a turn to the worse. I'm sure you keep a close eye on her. Haven't seen the last molt of my E. murinus either, she stuffs it into her burrow instead of throwing it out. Luckily, I've already sexed here so that's not an issue! And that rufi is already planning to rip off your crickets to sell them to the other members of your collection :D
I definitely keep a close eye on the boehmei. Not that there would be much that I could do if more than a small perforation were to occur.

LOL You're right, the rufilata is a piece of work! She molted again last week and is huge!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I definitely keep a close eye on the boehmei. Not that there would be much that I could do if more than a small perforation were to occur.

LOL You're right, the rufilata is a piece of work! She molted again last week and is huge!
True enough. Let's hope she molts it away at some time and restores her body.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Love my Nhandus! :)
N. carapoensis

N. chromatus

N. coloratovillosus

N. tripepii

---------- Post added 08-31-2014 at 09:19 PM ----------

First ever threat pose from my C. marshalli. I don't know what got her britches in a twist but she was definitely out of sorts. :-(

And, a threat pose from my AF OBT... Yep, that is her threat pose. If she can't see me, then I can't see her.

P. rufilata female. My first Poeci, she's all grown up now. :)

M. balfouri puts in an appearance.

Sub adult B. smithi male doing fang push ups on the glass. This boy is always doing something.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great new set of pictures as usual, Joyce! At least that threatpost was only half-hearted - no fangs. It's like "Get lost...or else..." :D

How big is that ornata now btw? Still hoping I'm right with one of my miranda's turning out female!

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great new set of pictures as usual, Joyce! At least that threatpost was only half-hearted - no fangs. It's like "Get lost...or else..." :D

How big is that ornata now btw? Still hoping I'm right with one of my miranda's turning out female!
The C. marshalli just recently started using her 'front door' again, after several months of it being webbed over and her using the 'back door'. She never defended the back door. Maybe she was still a little disoriented. :)

The rufilata? (I don't have an ornata.) I just caught her out within the past hour and got a right L1 to right L4 measurement - 7 inches! And she wasn't completely stretched out! I think she needs a bigger enclosure.... LOL She has really come into full color with this molt. I'm just in awe...

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
N. tripepii adult female

N. carapoensis freshly molted juvenile male

Homoeomma sp blue Peru adult female

Brachypelma auratum juvenile female

Poecilotheria rufilata adult female peering at me from one of her perches.

Poecilotheria metallica juvenile male

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'd love to keep an N. chromatus, but their bristles cause me to itch like hell if I even get close to their enclosures. :(

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd love to keep an N. chromatus, but their bristles cause me to itch like hell if I even get close to their enclosures. :(
So far I've not had any major issues, barring the random stray hair. (Knocking vigorously on wood....) And those isolated setae could come from about any of my NWs so I can't lay blame on the Nhandus. :) Yet....

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
One of the E. olivacea 'babies'. They aren't so little any more. :)

P. formosa literally hanging out under her ledge.

Blackrayne and I got together this past weekend to pair our N. tripepii.
Blackrayne's male

A cautious 'How do you do'.

My female was drumming to beat the band. (No pun intended...)

Doing the deed. Hopefully it will result in a sac. :)

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
N. carapoensis juvenile male

B. albopilosum juvenile female

A. seemanni adult female

C. marshalli adult female

H. lividum adult female

B. auratum juvenile male

E. olivacea subadult

E. murinus adult female

B. schroederi subadult female, freshly molted