The joys of slow Tarantula growth (Psst, its really slow mate)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Man, keep it warm and feed it regularly. I raised half a sac of these pulchripes and it was impressive how across the board good feeders they all were...
I would frequently feed 80-150 at a time and get like 3 refusals, and 2 of those 3 would molt within the week. Mine were pretty much all 2" and theoretically sexable within that year....having that many I didn't care to sex them....lol

Molt rates till over 1" were in that 35-50 day range...not too bad I thought.

You want fast growth though, its out there, Tappies, Psalmos (especially cambridgei) and most tropical OWs can grow surprisingly fast...some NW terrestrials can be like this, too...like Pamphs, genics and Nhandu...I had 28 chromatus from @Poec54 and most molted every 24-28 days till well over 1"....

Some like the cams and Pamphs though, man they put on huge growth per molt, even when small...its incredible how long their legs get after molting....this cambridgei was just about 9 months old when this pic was taken and is a solid 4" in this pic

started looking like this...
that P. cambridgei looks almost like a P. pulcher :eek:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
. By my records, if I'm counting correctly, since arrival my G. pulchripes has moulted 8 times in 38 months. 4 of those took place during the first 10 months.

It moulted a couple days ago, its first in 11 months. It is about 3.6 inches DSL, maybe 3.9, it varied slightly depending on which diagonal I used. It was 3/4 ", MAYBE one inch when I got it.