1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Importance of Respect and Open-mindedness In the Tarantula Hobby

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Ungoliant, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoknight Active Member

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. RepugnantOoze

RepugnantOoze Arachnosquire Active Member

This is a great article. It really coincides with your NDGT quote.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Clarification Please Clarification Please x 1
  3. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoangel Active Member

@Rittdk01 , above link also contains some info on SADS if you're interested.

It is a good read overall, and has good points. Nice find.

4. Andrea82

What does NDGT stand for?

5. TownesVanZandt

TownesVanZandt Arachnobaron Active Member

Norway
    It´s a quote by Neil deGrasse Tyson in OP´s signature.

6. Cassiusstein

Cassiusstein Arachnopeon Active Member

Great read that I agree with entirely, there's way to mcuh "my way is the only way" attitude, there's clearly many ways that work. A lot of people forget that hobbies are meant for enjoyment

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Andrea82

Ah, thank you. Since i am pretty much always on Ab with my phone, i don't get the signatures with the posts, only name and post.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnolord Active Member

I've been subscribed to both Tom's blog and YouTube for quite awhile now. This recent blog hit the nail right on the head.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Paiige

Paiige Arachnoknight Active Member

Great read, thanks very much for sharing :)

10. gypsy cola

gypsy cola Arachnosquire Active Member

This is what I love about this hobby...there is sooo much information about these spiders yet so much more we don't even know.

Someone will say P.metallica can't be kept communally, someone else post a picture of 20 p.metallicas in a cage. The common "rose hair" is not g.rosea. Aphonpelma just got revised, a species thought to be terrestrial is actually arboreal, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. VanessaS

VanessaS Arachnobaron Active Member

Tom Moran makes a very important contribution to the hobby - care tutorials, care and rehousing videos, and he is just an awesome and friendly man who is never condescending or mean. He always responds to people and never hesitates to help those in the hobby who reach out to him - no matter how many times he has probably been asked the same questions. He is a tremendous asset and I am glad that newer people know where to find him.
    I subscribe to his blog, his YouTube account, and his Facebook page. You won't find a nicer man than Tom.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  12. dopamine

dopamine Arachnobaron Active Member

I agree, stand up guy.

13. mistertim

mistertim Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

This thread is a great way to kill Ts. You're all stupid.

:troll:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Clarification Please Clarification Please x 1
  14. 14pokies

14pokies Arachnoprince Active Member

Florida
    I agree with Tom but you can only be friendly to Tarantula hipsters or Theraphosids snobs for so long before the idea of a chimpanzee dragging them up into a tree and eating there face grows from a crooked smile creeping across your face to you wondering if you can refinance your house so you can afford a chimpanzee..

That's why I don't respond to most threads lately and only upload pics of new pick ups or post breeding threads ;)...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoking Active Member

Screw respect and such foolishness:

- "you" stand with the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) OH-ALLAAARGH!-OH BITES side of Glory, Honor & Pride

... or "you" are against us, the hissing Brotherhood, that will track your IP and reach your basement with an Axe! :-s

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 3
  16. crone

crone Arachnobaron Active Member

What if we don't have a basement?:shy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoking Active Member

I will build one using my MacGyver sunday morning skills -- another gift of the Goddess. Which kind of wood you like? :-s

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. crone

crone Arachnobaron Active Member

Black oak. You have to have really stroooong wood to hold up an adobe houselet.