The hobby's Great White Whale

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
What's that one species that hasn't made it into the hobby in your country or any country that you hope to see one day?

Personally, mine is that undescribed purple baboon species that made the rounds in the youtube video some months back. What's yours?

Thanks,
--Matt

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Before it was:

Heteroscodra satanas ( an black speicies rumoured to live in a small piece of forrest in the Congos)

But nowdays im against WC so i say let it lives free!:angelic:

Last edited:

Minty

@londontarantulas
H Hercules.

Or the African baboon that looks similar to a C cyaneopubescens.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is a Stromatopelma, and it is black and not orange!

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Already here.. or at least, S cf satanas is.. I hear it's more likely fumigatum. But it's pretty much a black H mac.

Mine is Avicularia hirschii or taunayi.. hirschii is technically.. but super rare and ultra expensive.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When i had an special intrest Xenesthis sp many years ago, my dream tarantula was Xenesthis monstrosa! I think it has been in the hobby somewhere? But in Sweden i never knew anybody who had it. I dont think i have seen one, not even in a picture. Carapace was supposed to be all black and it supposed to be the biggest of the genus? Almost as beefy as a Theraphosa i have heard

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Any Aviculariinae not in US yet, obviously...
Also (I know I'm going out of my realm here lol) Phrixotrichus scrofa.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Just found out about Hysterocrates elephantiasis. Guess that goes on the list for me.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
H Hercules.

Or the African baboon that looks similar to a C cyaneopubescens.
Link?

Any Aviculariinae not in US yet, obviously...
Also (I know I'm going out of my realm here lol) Phrixotrichus scrofa.
Scrofa are cool, I owned a female many years ago. But given how difficult they are to keep, I’m not sure you can handle such an advanced species. Get a Rose Hair first :troll:

Still hoping we find a BRIGHT green Avic.

Though I’d settle for seladonia OR this 6”
Brazilian species I saw that looks just like H sp Large.

Last edited by a moderator:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Scrofa are cool, I owned a female many years ago. But given how difficult they are to keep, I’m not sure you can handle such an advanced species. Get a Rose Hair first :troll:
You've never had one. Unless you can come up with pics of your spider having twin urt patches. ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You've never had one. Unless you can come up with pics of your spider having twin urt patches. ;)
Whoa you are still around?? Such a fast response.

I will check IF I have pictures. I will admit I don’t recall the geometry. And if I have no pics at all, then technically I may have had one, or not.