The first time...

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Pterinochilus as a first one??? Yiu really did your homework Teal!
I came across a photo of an orange!! spider from Africa!!! and I was instantly obsessed! My favourite colour and my favourite country for animals... it seemed meant to be :rofl: So I did a ton of research and about a year later, I got Aidan!

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I came across a photo of an orange!! spider from Africa!!! and I was instantly obsessed! My favourite colour and my favourite country for animals... it seemed meant to be :rofl: So I did a ton of research and about a year later, I got Aidan!
How cute!!!

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
1) What was the first scientific Tarantula name you ever learnt ?
2) What was the first tarantula you ever saw in real life (no photos, nor videos) ?
3) And then, for the sake of comparison, what was the first T you ever got for yourself ?
1) Theraphosa blondi - from a wildlife encyclopedia I was reading in grade school. I didn't know too many scientific names back then but for some reason that one stuck with me.
2) Probably a Brachypelma hamorii at a pet store - back in the day pretty much every pet store in my area had one.
3) Aphonopelma seemanni. This was in the nineties when I mostly kept snakes and turtles but I got one of these and a Pandinus imperator at one point. I didn't keep any inverts again till a couple of years ago.

SPYD3R9

Arachnopeon
1. Pterinochilus murinus and Chromatoplema cyaneopubescens, bcoz my Friends had an OBT and GBB
2. Pterinochilus murinus and Chromatoplema cyaneopubescens at my friends house of course
3. Gramostola rosea