The escapades of one Ephebopus rufescens

Water spider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So, this is what happened to me earlier today.

I was transferring some of my tarantulas to their new containers. I allways do this in my shower, since it has doors that can be closed, so that after I block the drain, the whole space is completely sealed, just in case some spider happens to make a run for it (and sometimes I first drive the T out of it's container to the shower, where it's easier to catch)

So, everything went well, until the last one, a juvenile Ephebopus rufescens. It refused to come out of it's burrow. So I took my tweezers, planning to dig the spider out. Apparently the T saw it's chance, and bolted out of it's home, running out, and jumping to the floor. It didn't stop, instead running around the shower, and finally (after confusing me with much zig-zagging) up my leg and inside my shorts. I slowly rose and proceeded to take out my pants (All that went inside my head was: "Pleasebeallrightpleasebeallrightplease". And there the little guy was, finally stopped, looking quite contended. I cupped him (I bet it's male) and moved him to his new quarters (Not an easy task, as he was still determined to resist my attempts at relocating him to his new home)

He is currently hanging at the door of his new box, waiting for a new chance...

Water spider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got another juvenile E.rufescens yesterday. This time, when transferring, it (despite me being extra careful) managed to run inside my T-shirt (luckily, it apparently decided it was not a good place to hide, and jumped to the wall, where I managed to get him/her.

I have never had anything like this happen when dealing with any other spiders, even other Ephebopus species.