Text from a fb group. I've lost faith in humanity!

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
OP, I’m in the same group. Search her name in the group and you’ll find a goldmine of idiocy. I’m pretty sure she has said she knows handling isn’t a great idea and continues to handle every one of her T’s.
Sad when people treat living things like toys. :(

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I used to frequent snake and reptile circles on social media a few years back and it was unfortunately way more common than you'd think. I once ran into an individual who swore up and down snakes could be vegan because she force fed her baby ball python a grape.
“Force fed”
I am more than 100% sure that the ball python was completely fine with that and apprecirated what she did. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

matypants

Arachnopeon
With the current population of the world being what it is, a simple statistical analysis reveals the disturbing fact that there are high levels of idiocy out there. Sadly those are sometimes the loudest ones drawing attention to themselves.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
With the current population of the world being what it is, a simple statistical analysis reveals the disturbing fact that there are high levels of idiocy out there. Sadly those are sometimes the loudest ones drawing attention to themselves.
My first T setup was wrong completely, I seeked help on here I wanted to be educated, thankfully I was pointed to the right direction.
Nothing wrong with trying to educate people. But the person must be willing.

korlash091

Arachnosquire
OP, I’m in the same group. Search her name in the group and you’ll find a goldmine of idiocy. I’m pretty sure she has said she knows handling isn’t a great idea and continues to handle every one of her T’s.
Oh i know not a day goes by that i dont see a dumb post of hers, or someone elses.

Last edited by a moderator:

matypants

Arachnopeon
My first T setup was wrong completely, I seeked help on here I wanted to be educated, thankfully I was pointed to the right direction.
Nothing wrong with trying to educate people. But the person must be willing.
Yes I agree. But you also weren’t trying to convince someone snakes could be vegetarian because you forcibly shoved a grape down a Ball pythons throat. LOL

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Injured her leg? Gee, wonder why...Also, ever had a vicious cobalt blue fight you when you want to help it? Seriously? I thought that they were the best beginner tarantulas out there and abosultely adored being handled on a daily basis(sarcasm)

NYAN

Arachnoking
? Seriously? I thought that they were the best beginner tarantulas out there and abosultely adored being handled on a daily basis(sarcasm)
Yeah, I don’t know how she even attempted that. I had to unpack two from one of my shipments that I received and it was pretty eventful to say the least. The dang things were slapping at the walls of the containers they were in and threat posed me like crazy.

I just wanted to help them out of the cramped box... :(

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Do these people hear themselves? :banghead:

I don't mind small amounts of anthropomorphism, but this? She can't genuinely believe that the T "realized she was trying to help her", right? Poor thing probably gave up struggling due to stress - I'm stressed just reading this.

Also how much corn starch did she throw on it to turn the whole tarantula white?? And then taking it out when it could have groomed itself clean just fine... This lady looks for any excuse to mess with her Ts, huh? o_O

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
I don't understand how she doesn't get bit. Maybe all her T's are near death or something. If the story can be believed.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I don't understand how she doesn't get bit. Maybe all her T's are near death or something. If the story can be believed.
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that she has been bit by the C. lividus, where she chided the T like a child because "that hurt". Must have gotten a dry bite? Although if I've learned anything over the years is that stupid tends to have a high tolerance to pain. :penguin:

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that she has been bit by the C. lividus, where she chided the T like a child because "that hurt". Must have gotten a dry bite? Although if I've learned anything over the years is that stupid tends to have a high tolerance to pain. :penguin:
She had said that. I don't think it was a true bite. Maybe the thing was trying to hang on while she was holding it and used it's fangs. She even said there was no blood. Fat chance of that with a true bite.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont like the idea that people "mammalize" spiders! And think they will be tamed by handling. They arenot cats or dogs! That is not how it works. Spiders cant be tamed like like say a dog. They are wild animals that should be treated like fishes in an aquarium! They dont apreciate beeing handled and no scientific research shows the opposit! Also, i am not keen on the idea to try to "help the spider" if it hurt and so on! Thete are no such thing as an Spider vetrinarian, and my belief is that in most cases we are only getting things worse by trying to add things "as a cure" if a spider hurt itself somehow! I dont anyway. Let the nature have its cause!

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Also, i am not keen on the idea to try to "help the spider" if it hurt and so on! Thete are no such thing as an Spider vetrinarian, and my belief is that in most cases we are only getting things worse by trying to add things "as a cure" if a spider hurt itself somehow! I dont anyway. Let the nature have its cause!
Strongly disagree with this. If an animal under my care is hurt and/or dying and there's something I can do to save it, I feel like it's my responsibility to do what I can. Some instances yes, there's nothing you can do, but other cases intervention has saved a T's life - patching ruptured abdomens for example. I've seen Ts pull through what otherwise would have been a death sentence because of this.

That being said, for something non-fatal like an injured leg, yes, just let the T do its thing.