Texas Blonde's tarantula pics

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I came back with a bunch of stuff from Arachnocon, so I decided to make a thread. Of course, my new Canon 8.0mp digital SLR doesnt hurt. ;) Just wait until I get that macro lense!

This is my new Xenethsis immanis, thanks go Bill at TPB. :D

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Metriopelma sp carabobo (I didnt even realize it had just molted until I looked at the pics.)

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here are some pics of my massive Pterinochilus murinus. I had no appreciation for this species until I actually saw mine. It was funny, I bought 20 murinus slings 3 years ago, then got rid of them all. Over spring break one of my slings came back to me. I couldnt believe this beast was one of my babies.

Chowing down on a large Eublaberus prosticus nymph.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is my female Aphonopelma chalcodes I caught last year at ATS. I was the only person to find a T on the collecting trip I went on. And I didnt even have a flashlight, lol, just the light from my cell phone. {D

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Of course, the classic Grammostola rosea. I had this one as a sling 3 years ago, at the same time as the OBT. She came back to me at the same time too.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus bechuanicus. Yet another of the revolving spiders. I cant really complain though, I sent them out as slings, and they came back as big females. {D

She reared up so high, she fell over.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those are great pics, I think a couple should go in the arachnoboards best of collection. I like the orange monster eating the orange monster and the C. bech falling backwards the best. hahahahaha

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Got a new girl at the petstore today. I wasnt planning on buying anything, but she was just too gorgeous to pass up. They had her labled as a rose hair, but she lacks the typical pink carapace and mirror patch. I couldnt get a good pic of her with my ruler, but when shes stretched out walking, shes every bit of 6". Fat too! (Gravid maybe....;))

Size comparison. Unfortunatly, I have no money so I couldnt use a bill to compair her to.

Check out the beautiful long hairs on her chelicera.

I like big butts and I cannot lie.....