terrestrials or arboreals whic type do you guys think is better?

melijoc

Arachnopeon
Eversince i started t keeping i just never got on to collecting arboreals. For me personally terrestrials are way better.If you guys feel otherwise enlighten me , I just might change my perception on arboreal species

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i feel that the question cant be answered at all ... i think that every collection should have a diverse mix of both, as you cant truly appreciate one without having experience with the other. Having both arboreal and terrestrial i PREFER arboreal, and im more inclined to purchase them, but neither is BETTER .

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
idk advan... tree ninjas are cool , but rooftop ninjas take the cake

aLDoDarK

Arachnoknight
from my opinion, it depends on people preferences, some people loves arboreal more then terrestrial, and some other only raise terrestrial species like me. I haven't tried to raise arboreal species, I prefer the one with a bulkier body rather then the slender and long legged like arboreal. But to be honest, I also loved a. versicolor XD

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Like aLDoDark said, it's mostly personal preference. I keep mostly terrestrials and fossorials because that's what I like. I do have a handful of arboreals (3 A. versi, 1 P. cam) that were all gifts. I've had the versis almost a year and they have sort of grown on me. The P. cam, well, it's still here for the time being. Would I deliberately seek out and purchase arboreals? Probably not. Though I do think they are absolutely gorgeous spiders, in someone else's collection.
I have multiple GBBs and OBTs which periodically go through their "I-think-I-will-be-arboreal-today" phases.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Kinda silly question. No one is able to overall judge that. It's one of those "personal preference" things. I like both kinds, although the "hairy fluffballs" (a.k.a "Avics" :D) are just cute.

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
I keep a mix of fossorial, arboreal and terrestrial tarantulas with a slightly higher number of aboreals then the rest.

poecilotheria01

Arachnopeon
It's hard to say, I have aboreal and terrestrial species. I think it is more of a personal preference of what you like more.

anitec21

Arachnopeon
I own both arboreals and terrestrials tarantulas. Arboreal i have is a Avicularia.avicularia for now till i get more but in my experience they are easy but they need a good height tank and
high humidity levels but make sure not to let them escape my Avicularia is a fast one and jumps lol but i like both my terrestrial i have is a Brachypelma Vagans and a Grammostola Rosea

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think they're all really interesting, but I prefer terrestrials.

Jared781

Arachnobaron
In my opinion, i think most T hobyists have more Terrestrial than Arboreals?, yet does not mean they think Terrestrials are better... Although one may have a general preference but there are too many amazing species of both types!

rasulsimakshah

Arachnosquire
i like both, personally! i'm just starting out with arboreals, but i know i'll love them as much as my terrestrials. any collection can only benefit from having Ts hanging from the rafters and sitting under cork bark. :p

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
i own arboreal and terrestrial. each species has their unique traits and attitudes that is why i got both species right off, that way i would not become used to a specific action of a T either arboreal or terrestrial. one of my reasons that i like arboreal is the way they hit their food super fast and hard but the same can be said for the terrestrial species it all depends on the species from what i have seen. i have more terrestrial than arboreal for now.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Eversince i started t keeping i just never got on to collecting arboreals. For me personally terrestrials are way better.If you guys feel otherwise enlighten me , I just might change my perception on arboreal species
I was like you. Enjoying terrestrials over arboreals, and I decided to get an avic avic just to fill the void. Now I see the folly of my ways. Arboreals are gorgeous in their own way, much like terrestrial. In that sence, I dont consider one better than the other now. I love all my T's.