Terrarium

Justin Lang

Arachnopeon
hey everyone.
I currently have my b.albolpilosum in a 5.5 gallon tank. She’s not fully grown and i’m looking to upgrade to a 10 gallon. Any recommendations on a place to get a good tank for my T?
Thanks!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
hey everyone.
I currently have my b.albolpilosum in a 5.5 gallon tank. She’s not fully grown and i’m looking to upgrade to a 10 gallon. Any recommendations on a place to get a good tank for my T?
Thanks!
Isnt 10 gallon a little too big? Even for a fully grown adult?

Is it for the spider in your avatar? Just asking as that one looks like a mature male. I could be wrong though.

Justin Lang

Arachnopeon
You definitely could be right about the T being male. This is my first time owning one so I have no experience with sexing them. When I got her they said it was female but I guess they could have been wrong

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Can you post a photo of the spider? If you can get the front legs and pedipalps in the shot it will be easy to say if mature male or not.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I almost feel like I can see the "boxing gloves" in those images, which would indicate a mature male.

How is the Spider behaving? Does it stay in one place for a while or does it seem to incessantly wander?

A 10 gallon is more than it needs, but is not harmful so long as you adhere to the safety precautions and give it the correct amount of substrate and such.

Justin Lang

Arachnopeon
I almost feel like I can see the "boxing gloves" in those images, which would indicate a mature male.

How is the Spider behaving? Does it stay in one place for a while or does it seem to incessantly wander?

A 10 gallon is more than it needs, but is not harmful so long as you adhere to the safety precautions and give it the correct amount of substrate and such.
It's almost hard to answer that question lol. Sometimes it will roam around and be constantly moving, other time it will just sit in one spot for a few hours.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@Justin Lang can you get a few more pictures of the front pedipalps pairs of legs? A mature male will have tibial hooks on the front pair of legs and have bulbous pedipalps (boxing gloves).

The Abdomen seems pretty small for a spider with the DLS of that one. A mature male is not out of the realm of possibility here.

If it is a mature male, be aware that it is on very limited time. Mature males don't live long after maturing, unfortunately.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight

Just FYI, OP. You should have no more than 1.5 the T's legspan between the lid and substrate. You should know that the life of a mature male is numbered. At some point he will stop eating wander in search of a mate. I'm not sure how much longer he has but perhaps you could consider breeding him so that his end has meaning

NewTdaddy

Arachnopeon
Once I get some great pics I'll be asking for help sexing my T. If that's okay? You lot seem to be good at this!!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Just FYI, OP. You should have no more than 1.5 the T's legspan between the lid and substrate. You should know that the life of a mature male is numbered. At some point he will stop eating wander in search of a mate. I'm not sure how much longer he has but perhaps you could consider breeding him so that his end has meaning
Was your quote intended for me or for the op of the thread ?

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Was your quote intended for me or for the op of the thread ?
My apologies. My intention was to 'add' to your post. My quote was supposed to supplement what you posted. I see how you would get confused by this, in the future I'll just say I agree with you and specify that I'm adding to what you had to say