Terrarium 18x18x24 for arboreal tarantula

poci swiss

Arachnopeon
Hello, I have a very nice exo terra terrarium of 18x18x24, and I would like to create an environment for arboreal tarantula, but I have often heard that these terrariums were too large for many species, what species would be suitable? I'm obviously thinking of poecilotheria, which I like a lot, but I'm waiting for a little more experience with this kind of species. In short, what kind of arboreal tarantula , poecilotheria or other, would be comfortable in this terrarium? (For the moment I have only a caribena versicolor and a psalmopoeus irminia )

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
That would accommodate several female P metallicas...they can be kept communally...

poci swiss

Arachnopeon
Maybe it's me but I don't feel entirely comfortable with a community tank, especially with species like poecilotheria where opinions are very divergent

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Omothymus, or a larger poecilotheria would fill that nicely, also gives you the option to put in plenty of substrate in case they decide to do some light burrowing.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
P mets in India tolerate living in close proximity to each other because of lack of space. You will always risk cannibalism with any group of spiders trapped in an enclosure together. Tom is extremely experienced and mentions how closely he is watching them. Rehousing a single pokie can be challenging and multiples even more so. That video was 4 years ago (the one below at 3 where he said he lost one), I’d be interested to see how they are doing now. Recommending this to someone who’s experience you don’t know is reckless for both the person and the spiders.

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
P mets in India tolerate living in close proximity to each other because of lack of space. You will always risk cannibalism with any group of spiders trapped in an enclosure together. Tom is extremely experienced and mentions how closely he is watching them. Rehousing a single pokie can be challenging and multiples even more so. That video was 4 years ago (the one below at 3 where he said he lost one), I’d be interested to see how they are doing now. Recommending this to someone who’s experience you don’t know is reckless for both the person and the spiders.

Wasn't so much a recommendation, as a statement of fact, friend.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello, I have a very nice exo terra terrarium of 18x18x24, and I would like to create an environment for arboreal tarantula, but I have often heard that these terrariums were too large for many species, what species would be suitable? I'm obviously thinking of poecilotheria, which I like a lot, but I'm waiting for a little more experience with this kind of species. In short, what kind of arboreal tarantula , poecilotheria or other, would be comfortable in this terrarium? (For the moment I have only a caribena versicolor and a psalmopoeus irminia )
You can keep a single tarantula in any size setup provided it can find food!

This too big stuff is false. There are good reasons why people use smaller setups, I asked one of the world’s experts on this issue years ago.

You could keep a single T in a 10,000 sq ft space if you wanted.