Temperature too cold for shipping slings?

Frodo240203

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone, I’m currently ordering a GBB sling online and the temperature range where it is being shipped from to where I am is around 48 degrees Fahrenheit. The seller says that there is no need for heat packs. Can I confirm if this is correct?
Thanks!

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Hi everyone, I’m currently ordering a GBB sling online and the temperature range where it is being shipped from to where I am is around 48 degrees Fahrenheit. The seller says that there is no need for heat packs. Can I confirm if this is correct?
Thanks!
There is no way I would ever ship a T at 8c that is ridiculous, if the package is delayed the spider is dead.
Tell him you NEED a heat pack.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
If there is any delay then the spider is at risk.
But that species should be fine if that is the lowest temp for overnight delivery.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
There is no way I would ever ship a T at 8c that is ridiculous
Not without a heat pack anyway.

I shipped an MM D. diamantinensis last Monday and temps on the receiving end of the trip were 1°C. Granted, I triple boxed him and sent him with a heat pack but he arrived happy and healthy.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Just wait until it warms up. After October I buy nothing until spring.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Not without a heat pack anyway.

I shipped an MM D. diamantinensis last Monday and temps on the receiving end of the trip were 1°C. Granted, I triple boxed him and sent him with a heat pack but he arrived happy and healthy.
My point was without a heat pack it is not worth the risk.
Sorry for the confusion!

Frodo240203

Arachnosquire
There is no way I would ever ship a T at 8c that is ridiculous, if the package is delayed the spider is dead.
Tell him you NEED a heat pack.
Ok thank you.

Just wait until it warms up. After October I buy nothing until spring.
Thanks!

If there is any delay then the spider is at risk.
But that species should be fine if that is the lowest temp for overnight delivery.
Noted with thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: