Tegenaria slings :)

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Besides keepin T's I've also been catchin a lot of Tegenaria sp. spiders from outside. I keep em in 1gallon containers, where they make their neat funnelwebs :) one of em made an egg sac some weeks ago, guess what! it hatched =D got tens of wee tegenarias now :) they rock! not as huge as carolina wolves or whatever, but still quite cool, awesome hunters :)

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Right on Schlinkey! Tegeneria are, in my book, some of the coolest and most fun-to-keep true spiders out there. What sp. do you keep? I've kept T.domestica , gigantea, and maybe a saeva, though I'm not sure. I keep them in 1.25 gal ice-cream tubs, which they virtually fill with silk. Awesome funnelwebs they make. Do you have Agelenidae in your area? We have them here in the states. They are like the Tegeneria, only proportioned differently, and faster moving. The males are all legs - 3" legspan and a .5 inch body!

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've kept mostly domestica and gigantea, might have found an agrestis as well, though im not sure:? as for Agelenidae, I doubt it ;) biggest spider we got here is the Dolomedes fimbriatus

Btw, my mommytegenaria got killed, maybe while molting, them evil little babies ;) dunno what to do with em? maybe separate a few and try to keep em alive? any tips on how to rear 0,5cm slings? think I might have as many as 50 or more in the container :p never tried carin for em as slings... hehe

brgn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Actually there is one bigger spider than Dolomedes fimbriatus in Norway. Saw in the newspaper that a new spesies was found in Trøndelag. They called the spider elvebreddsedderkopp. This species is only found here in Trøndelag and the maximum size is 9cm. All this info is from Adresseavisa and is the only info I have found on it so far

Robert