[Warning] tarzan2day

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
BUYERS BEWARE!!!

I will post my experience with David as well as explain the whole story.

I was browsing the For Sale section and I came across his add where he was selling his scorpion collection which the ad can be viewed Here.

Now we spoke on the phone roughly about 2:57 am on June 4th which technically since I work nights I consider yesterday but it was actually today time wise. Now he explained that he wanted to sell the group so he didn't have to ship separately and I explained that I was only interested in Tityus asthenes. I asked how much for the three Tityus shipped to 70454. He looked it up and told me $100 shipped for all three. I sent him and email to acquire pictures as I just wanted to make sure it was the right species because some people mislabel them. Once I confirmed this I told him that I wanted them and he agreed to sell them to me.

Now after just talking in general about scorpions for roughly 15-20 minutes I said since he couldn't ship until Monday being nobody ships during the weekend and me wanting to get to sleep that I would pay him Sunday. Right here the final verbal agreement was made.

*NOTE* - The reason I was going to pay Sunday is because I was getting ready to head to sleep because of the local reptile expo here from June 4-5th. I had intentions of only attending the Saturday show and then I work overnight so as soon as I got home I was going to head to sleep and get ready for work a few hours later. The show ended up being really slow and not many inverts there. I left the expo around 12:45 instead of a planned 3 pm.

So back to the story. The agreement was made that I pay Sunday and he ship Monday. Well after leaving the expo and having to drive an hour+ home, sometime between 1-1:30? pm he called which I missed because I had the windows down and was on interstate. I do check my phone often and I would say around 1:40ish I returned his call. Upon returning his call this is what he told me:

Hey man I know we had a deal but I was originally going to sell all the scorpions to a guy and he changed his mind and then I made the deal with you and now the original guy who I was going to deal with does want them. I'm sorry but he was the original person. I'll have more Tityus asthenes later if you're still going to be interested.

I replied: No thanks. I won't be interested because by then my Tityus obscurus will most likely have had her babies. I then asked him who he was selling to and he said a guy named Dan, and I recall a guy Dan emailing me a few days ago interested in some scorpions that I had. So I emailed Dan and asked him if he was the guy and he said he was the same one in fact.

He then replied what seemed to be sorry and some other stuff. I really wasn't paying attention to anything after that point because David had just broken a sales agreement.

Now to sum it all up, sorry or not sorry it's just something you don't do. You don't make an agreement with somebody then pull out of a deal.

Last edited:

tarzan2day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
^This is quite a sob story. You know as well as anyone else, If someone says they will pay tomorrow for a select few items, and someone else says they will pay today for EVERYTHING;
the original idea was to sell everything together...