Tarcan's picture thread!

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thank you Petross

I got myself a new toy this week... I really cannot wait for spring! Had my 50D since early 2009, 4 years of loyal services. Still keeping it, now will not need to swap lenses on the field between the MPE and the regular macro.

moloch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lovely shots, tarcan. Always great lighting and amazing images of the arthropods!

Do you know the Malaysian macro photographers, Kurt and Derrick? I think that you would enjoy their shots as well. They also use a Canon MPE-65 and like you, take incredible photos. Their photo sessions are year-round since they live in Kuala Lumpur, just a little north of the equator. I met them on a couple of trips and will do so again in the future. It is amazing to see them in action in the field.

Regards,
David

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thank you for the nice comments David.

Yes, I "know" Kurt (from the Canon form, never had to chance to go to Malaysia and meet him). He is a huge inspiration for me and I have improved my photography a lot thanks to him. He shares a lot of info and his blog is very useful.

Hopefully I get to go to Asia one day!

moloch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beautiful bee. I am glad that the season is beginning for you again. Look forward to the pics!

Regards,
David

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Love the latest set! The colors on that insect's (weevil?) carapace are amazing.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Wow, Martin! Amazing pics. :)

BiophilicGinger

Arachnopeon
Overall, remarkable! Bookmarked this thread and eagerly awaiting updates. Exquisite work, Martin!

-Chris Bailey

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thank you Chris... spring is slowly coming... hopefully I can go back in the field in a month or so!