1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Tarantulas Today - Tinter, Andreas

Discussion in 'Book and Magazine Reviews' started by Immortal_Sin, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Immortal_Sin

Immortal_Sin Guest

Advertisement
    Positive

I am giving this book a positive mainly for the absolutely wonderful photography in this book. It is almost more a picture book than anything else, and the pictures are certainly worth looking at!
    I didn't like the generous usage of the word 'poisonous' that was interchanged with 'venomous' but maybe I'm being nit picky. I also didn't like the liberal use of 'aggresive' sprinkled throughout the book. I'd say most of the information is correct however.
    All in all, it's not a book to rush right out and buy, but it's sure nice to have for showing off great pictures!

2. MichaelH

MichaelH Arachnosquire

I have this book also and I agree it has some great pictures of several diffent species in it. And most of the info in it is correct and helpful. But, I dont agree with the authors recommendations for using incandeascent lighting and heat pads as a heat source, nor do I agree with the "daily" misting and the use of a green artificial "terrarium liner" as proper substrate. All in all a decent book though, but not one I would recommend to a beginner due to some information that may lead to undue stress on a newly aquired T.