1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

tarantulas: their captive husbandry & reproduction

Discussion in 'Book and Magazine Reviews' started by krystal, Jan 7, 2003.

1. krystal

krystal Arachnodite Old Timer

by john coote as part of the t-rex education series

i was not impressed by this "book." first off, it was printed in black and white which robs the tarantulas of their beauty. secondly, the graphics included to illustrate the differences between a terrestrial and aboreal set ups looked as if they were created using a super nintendo and mario paint (circa early 1990's).

the text was informative when explaining how tarantulas came to be commonly known as "tarantulas," but when explaining useful information, such as tarantula sexing, the instructions became very vague and pictures (or mario paint illustrations) were not included to help the reader.

this book bored me to tears, and i had to stop reading it several times to convince myself that i should give the book another chance before slaughtering it on this message board. my gut instincts proved right--i should have stopped in the beginning.

my final feelings about this book: i want my $4.99 back!
  2. Steve Nunn

Steve Nunn Arachnoprince Old Timer

Save your dollars for something more accurate, preferably by an author who specializes in tarantulas.