Tarantulas of Chile

Tazeday

Arachnopeon
All great pics. There are many beautiful Ts from Chile. Unfortunately the scientific classification is lacking.

Do you know if the geographical distribution of E. species Red, and E. sp. Yellow overlap at all?
And talking about the classification, here is Chile its very very easy, the thing is that in the outside you are still using A LOT of the old and obsolet names, so when you hear all the new ones, you get confused.

Tazeday

Arachnopeon
HOMOEOMMA SP “RED”
Wrongly called Euathlus sp “red” (his old name), this specie lives in the south of Chile.
They live in semi-humid forest under big ricks and woods.
During the first semester of 2018 this species will be described as “Homoeomma chilensis”.
Day temperature: 5 to 28 depending on the year station.
Humidity: 60%-70%

Attachments

Tazeday

Arachnopeon
EUATHLUS SP “CREAM”
This species lives in the IV region of Chile.
It has 2 different “morphs”, the “coastal” and the “cordilleran”, but after some investigation, arachnologist conclude that they are 2 different species.
This species is for now “Euathlus” but soon they will have their own genus.
They live betwen big rocks or under them.
Day temperature: 5 to 35 depending on the year station.
Humidity: 30%-40%

Attachments

StampFan

Arachnodemon
HOMOEOMMA SP “RED”
Wrongly called Euathlus sp “red” (his old name), this specie lives in the south of Chile.
During the first semester of 2018 this species will be described as “Homoeomma chilensis”.
This is interesting, a lot of folks are told to keep these quite dry, but what you're describing here is not particularly dry....

boina

Lady of the mites
And talking about the classification, here is Chile its very very easy, the thing is that in the outside you are still using A LOT of the old and obsolet names, so when you hear all the new ones, you get confused.
A classification is only scientifically accepted once it's published (and even then it can be questioned)... so, where's the publication?

I like all the pictures you posted, but I'm not willing to accept your naming concept just because you say so. If you give new names to species and reject old names then I want to know what that is based on, meaning I want the scientific publication explaining the different species.

I'm in no way saying you are wrong - you may very well be right - but I want scientific proof.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
A classification is only scientifically accepted once it's published (and even then it can be questioned)... so, where's the publication?

I like all the pictures you posted, but I'm not willing to accept your naming concept just because you say so. If you give new names to species and reject old names then I want to know what that is based on, meaning I want the scientific publication explaining the different species.

I'm in no way saying you are wrong - you may very well be right - but I want scientific proof.
@Tazeday it would be sweet if you could update any references to sources in the info-part of the posts, if you know what I mean. I am especially curious about the 2018 revisions you are talking about, what is your source here? Have you had personal contact with any in the field?

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
p.S. Wrong section for these posts. Please post in the 'Genus Euathlus' thread.
I disagree, this thread is a common thread about Chilean spiders in general, not just Euathlus.

Edit: Ah, you mean the picture thread? I am thinking that this is just as much information about habitat... but anywhoo, doesn't really matter as long as the information is available :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I disagree, this thread is a common thread about Chilean spiders in general, not just Euathlus.

Edit: Ah, you mean the picture thread? I am thinking that this is just as much information about habitat... but anywhoo, doesn't really matter as long as the information is available :)
The thread has been edited since I posted that ;). It was many different threads in Questions & Discussions.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is interesting, a lot of folks are told to keep these quite dry, but what you're describing here is not particularly dry....
Are you referencing the humidity aspect? In regions where they have rain forest, natives often refer to rain forest and dry forest. Dry forest sounds odd (to me it did), till you go walking through it and see it's no different than a forest floor here in the USA. However in some of these places, the dry forest air humidity can be high, but the forest floor is quite "average", ie it's not a rain forest, but also not a desert either.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
HOMOEOMMA SP “RED”

I chatted with a person from Chile about 4 or 5 years ago I believe. He told me of the genus Homoeomma is used for E. sp. Red. In the hobby, most of us keep the original names merely to keep track of the tarantula's identity sort of. It sounds odd I know, but it works out this way for breeding purposes in some ways.

The forest the red and yellow are found in, is it a dry forest? It's not rainforest. I'm trying to determine just how rocky and desolate the area may or may not be.

What strikes us all about the Yellow and Red is how unafraid they are of humans. Almost never a threat pose, strike etc. They are the 2 most docile species out there, more docile than G. pulchripes.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well,the distributio of Homoeomma sp yellow is from the V region to the VI, while the desitribution of the H.sp red is in the South of the VI and in the VII y think
My friends live in V.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel

@AphonopelmaTX has posted about this a few times that I've read. Here is an example regarding "sp. Red": http://arachnoboards.com/threads/euathlus-sp-red-vs-homoeomma-sp-fire.287381/#post-2531926