Tarantulas lost in shipping

Ralph Polinski

Arachnopeon
My tarantulas have been lost in shipping for a week now. The T's in this order range from 2" down to 1/3" slings. How long can they last in a shipping box assuming they are being kept at room temp?
Thanks!

cold blood

Staff member
Geez, with our temps i wont ship in or out right now...id be shocked if you had survivors.:(

Heat packs usually last 18-24hr...they do make 48 hour, but even that wouldnt be enough.

Assuming they are at room temp the entire time, they could survive a week or even 2. Best of luck.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
My tarantulas have been lost in shipping for a week now. The T's in this order range from 2" down to 1/3" slings. How long can they last in a shipping box assuming they are being kept at room temp?
Thanks!
I had a package of T's and scorps that was delayed 5 days with temps in the 30-40's last winter. All are still alive.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
My house stayed very cold (40s) sometimes lower ) through winter, my Ts stayed slow and didnt eat much but now that its warming up a bit they are metabolising again if that makes sense lol. I was so stressed over winter but everyone is fine. Sizes ranging from 1/3" to 6+". Texas had a very hard winter this year, but we survived ! Good luck

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
They'll last a lot longer at room temperature than if they're lost under a seat in a delivery truck outside.
I've had one lost package experience - it was mid-April in Southern Ontario - and they were lost for two weeks. One 1/2 spiderling was DOA and had moulted en route, one 1"+ female dwarf was alive upon arrival and died within a couple of days, and the tiny 1/8" dwarf spiderling was fine and is still fine today.
It was a horrific situation, made that much worse by an uncaring Canada Post. I'm hoping that your spiders are okay and they are delivered soon.

thebronzedragon

Arachnosquire
I'm new to the hobby but I had one big order about a month ago that went very poorly. They lost my package for 5 days and when it was delivered 2 of 7 survived, a 3" A. chalcodes and a 3/4" G. pulchripes. They are both still doing great. Hope your's make it. Mine were lost in the truck so they were freezing the whole time.