"Tarantulas come in every color... Except green"

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, I beg to differ! I thought this and was told this for quite some time, but I now have proof that they do in fact exist! Lol
This is my 5" subadult male C. schioedtei in his brand new mansion:
image.jpeg
Seems like an easy score of u want a green T and u have the experience to handle Asian arboreals since I'm told it's a very male heavy species (often 90% of the sacs will be male).
Just wanted to share! If anyone else have pictures of green Ts or Ts with green, please post them here!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
While not that brilliant green, P. rufilata is certainly green. Another that comes to mind is A. kwitara. But yeah, green tarantulas are hard to come by.

I've never even heard of this species. Where did you did him? And how did you come across the info claiming that they're 90% male? Very interesting information and picture, thank you!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
None though that are bright grass green, like some insects and true spiders are.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Very nice!!

Euathlus Pulchermiklaasi sp. green femur is a nice green terrestrial too. Although it is not as vivid as this.

That is an awesome T u got there!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
While not that brilliant green, P. rufilata is certainly green. Another that comes to mind is A. kwitara. But yeah, green tarantulas are hard to come by.

I've never even heard of this species. Where did you did him? And how did you come across the info claiming that they're 90% male? Very interesting information and picture, thank you!
In "lamest terms" I believe it's called a Malaysian Earth Tiger and Im almost positive I got this guy indexed at a like 1-2 inches from Juniors Inverts two years ago. Very affordable if I recall correctly.
Before putting him into his permanent enclosure I was a bit nervous BC these species can be aggressive when their burrow is bothered but they are also super fast and can take off running. So I PMed @cold blood (thanks boo boo) the only other person on AB that I have talked to about this species that has a few himself, he gave me a few tips on how to rehouse. And he informed me about the crazy imbalance of males vs females in this species. He also mentioned they are super hard to breed because it's hard to find a MF and they often eat their sacs of you even get one... I believe Advan tried to breed and was unsuccessful (don't quote me I'm not 100% it was him).
Cold blood knows a bit more about this species than I do, so i suggest u contact him if you have questions. Or post them here and perhaps someone will have the answer.

Solsurfer

Solsurfer
Yes the p. Cambridgei is like a greenish color although mine is almost black and a friend of mines is very green looking so idk. I have a 2-3 inch c. Shioedtei im hoping its female im waiting for the next molt to see. That is an awesome setup btw and a great looking t

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
On a serious note... could the 90% male sacs be due to different temps at incubation like in some reptiles? It seems weird if the wild population is 90% male.

Ryuti

Arachnopeon
True, females especially. Just that those somewhat "green" T's are never "green" enough for "green" seeking T's folks :-s
Ah that's crazy, i'm usually really awful at seeing subtle colors on animals and i see the cambridgei's green

(phormictopus sp green? ITS BLACK NOT GREEN) or the "pink" on a g. porteri or rosea